ITP EOS Stainless Question

JNieporte

Enlightened
My wife wants a stainless ITP EOS A3 (Upgraded edition, of course). I have three of the EOS A3s already (black, blue, and black again) and I'm having just the tiniest bit of difficulty in turning them on and switching modes one-handed. (I'd love a clicky version). My hands are, let's say, "grippier" than hers and I still have a little trouble. So, (considering her softer hands and the polished finish of the stainless steel EOS) how do members here feel about the SS version? In terms of switch-ability. Thanks.

EDITED: I forgot to add the following...
I superglued the pocket clip in place to keep the EOS from rolling in my hand, and I lubed the threads. Although it helped a little bit, I'm still concerned about the polished stainless steel being too slippery. Who knows, maybe I'll hope she doesn't like it and Lego together a two-tone EOS.

Last edited:

ragweed

Enlightened
I have a couple stainless lights. They just don't scratch as easy is all I have noticed. The E01 and E05 I have are not slippery to me & I love both of em although they are aluminum.

njet212

Enlightened
I have ITP A3 EOS Upgade version, first time out of the box it is a bit difficult to twist the head using one hand, then i put small drop Red Deoxit on it's thread. After than i could twist the head using one hand, twisty action is much more smooth than before i put deoxit on it.

My buddies got ITP SS version, however it is ITP A1. I found one handed operation using one hans is a bit difficult even i already lubricate it, feel much more sleepery than alluminum version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dougw

Newly Enlightened
I also have the ITP A3 EOS in SS and although I seldomly use it with one hand, I don't have any problem twisting it on/off or between modes with one hand. I suppose if it turned too easily it might come on on my pocket.

JNieporte

Enlightened
Thanks. Another question...
Will playing Lego with the EOS A3 harm the materials? Screwing a stainless heas onto an aluminum body, and vice versa?