Seeking purchasing advice from experienced folks.

Boomer Sailor Vet

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I've just joined this great forum. There is a huge amount of information here. I am working on modding my first LED flashlight. I got it for $7 bucks at a discount store. The body is good quality aluminum, but am taking out the circuit board, emitter and reflector and installing new guts. The clicky looks good and I'll mod for just 1 mode, so I don't think the switch is a big deal, or is it? I have found several places on the net to purchase emitter, circuit board, reflectors, etc. What sites do you folks use/like the best? Thanks in advance for any advice and info given.

Matt

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, welcome to the CPF... What kind of light is? Model? You will know the size of the driver, can kind of batterie will you need, is important that the Led had a good heatsink...

I use a lot dealextreme and kaidomain to buy the most of my mods...

Boomer Sailor Vet

Newly Enlightened
Hi, welcome to the CPF... What kind of light is? Model? You will know the size of the driver, can kind of batterie will you need, is important that the Led had a good heatsink...

I use a lot dealextreme and kaidomain to buy the most of my mods...
Thanks for your reply. The light is made by Thinktank Technology item no KC91082. personal protection flashlight Features: 1 watt ultra bright beam, waterproof anodized aluminum body slef defense edges top and bottom 7 1/4" long 2 C batteries (NOT INCLUDED).

I loaded 2 new C batteries and was not impressed by the light. So, I took it apart, removed the 16mm circuit board and 20mm emitter from an aluminum threaded drop in. I'm having trouble removing the plastic reflector and lens. They may need to be broken to remove.?. I have found a circuit board and emitter that I want to install, but getting the batteries to work in the 2 C cell compartment may be a little extra work finding a battery adapter. I need to learn a bit more about powering the light before I choose a battery.