Building my 2nd light with a few questions

rudy16

Newly Enlightened
My 1st light I built was a simple click on/off switch, 2 123s, and a Cree drop-in. Now for my 2nd I have been reading up on 3 mode drivers and it seems to me that the driver most of the time contols the 3 modes not the switch. I first thought the switch controlled this, correct me if I am wrong. Now my question is will a single mode click switch work with a 3 mode driver or is there a 3 mode switch and if so which do you recommend.

onetrickpony

Enlightened
My 1st light I built was a simple click on/off switch, 2 123s, and a Cree drop-in. Now for my 2nd I have been reading up on 3 mode drivers and it seems to me that the driver most of the time contols the 3 modes not the switch. I first thought the switch controlled this, correct me if I am wrong. Now my question is will a single mode click switch work with a 3 mode driver or is there a 3 mode switch and if so which do you recommend.

The way that most of the multi-mode drivers work is that when you cut power then quickly connect it again the driver will go to the next mode, so a simple clicky switch WILL work.

Ajax517

Newly Enlightened
Not an expert but, I don't think there is any kind of multi-mode switch, save for the collar selector switch on say, Jetbeams.
The driver handles all the modes by recognizing the pauses in power and translating that to a pre-designed output.

You could drop a multi-mode driver in any single mode light (voltage and design tolerances allowing) and it will work.