• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Can you tell me more about the Everest HA??

Lion of Zion

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone tell me more about The Peak, Everest HA? What do you think of for an EDC? Anyone have more pictures of this model? Looking to use CR123A in this light.

Thanks for the help!!!

archimedes

Flashaholic
Can anyone tell me more about The Peak, Everest HA? What do you think of for an EDC? Anyone have more pictures of this model? Looking to use CR123A in this light.

Thanks for the help!!!

Although I don't specifically have an Everest, I do have quite a few Peaks and am familiar with many of their lights. What specifically did you want to know?

I have an older Night Patrol P4, and a newer Rainier, both of which are somewhat similar to the Everest. In fact, the Everest is a bit like a combination of these two lights -- it has the P7 emitter (like the Rainier) and a short single-cell CR123/RCR123 body (like the Rainier), but with the knurled black HA aluminum LEO-series style body (like the Night Patrol).

Depending upon your EDC needs, the Everest may be quite reasonable for this purpose. The main issue would probably be the fact that it is a single level light, just on (at max output) or off. The Rainier is a twisty and a QTC works great to add "aftermarket" adjustable output to that light, but the Everest (and the Night Patrol) has a clicky tailswitch instead, so that wouldn't work in those models.

I would also say that this light is built to be extremely tough, so if that is important for your EDC, that might be a useful feature as well. Another point is that output will be much higher with Li-Ion power than with CR123 primaries ... the RMSK website lists 110 lumen powered with a CR123, but 550 lumen with a 18350 cell.

Lion of Zion

Newly Enlightened
Although I don't specifically have an Everest, I do have quite a few Peaks and am familiar with many of their lights. What specifically did you want to know?

I have an older Night Patrol P4, and a newer Rainier, both of which are somewhat similar to the Everest. In fact, the Everest is a bit like a combination of these two lights -- it has the P7 emitter (like the Rainier) and a short single-cell CR123/RCR123 body (like the Rainier), but with the knurled black HA aluminum LEO-series style body (like the Night Patrol).

Depending upon your EDC needs, the Everest may be quite reasonable for this purpose. The main issue would probably be the fact that it is a single level light, just on (at max output) or off. The Rainier is a twisty and a QTC works great to add "aftermarket" adjustable output to that light, but the Everest (and the Night Patrol) has a clicky tailswitch instead, so that wouldn't work in those models.

I would also say that this light is built to be extremely tough, so if that is important for your EDC, that might be a useful feature as well. Another point is that output will be much higher with Li-Ion power than with CR123 primaries ... the RMSK website lists 110 lumen powered with a CR123, but 550 lumen with a 18350 cell.

Thank you very much!! That was some of the info I was looking for.