Spark SL6-740NW Neutral Tint XM-L

holygeez03

Enlightened
Can anyone comment on the tint of the SL6 neutral? It is listed as 4B, which seems like it might be rather purple.

Also, can anyone compare it to any of the neutral/warm lights that I have:

Zebralight H501w (5A)

Zebralight SC51/H51w (??)

Quark AA2 Neutral (4C?)

Romisen RC-29 II NW (3D)

Thanks for any help... I am trying to decide if the SL6 NW fits the bill, or if I should hold out for the Zebralight SC600w.

goose2283

Newly Enlightened
I've got a 5A-tint XR-E drop-in, as well as a Zebralight H60w. I've got an SL6-740NW on order. I'll take some comparison beamshots when I get it, and post them here for you.

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my NW in today. For a quick comparision, I tried out the SL6-740NW against the ZebraLight SC51w and S-Mini R4. The SL6-740NW falls in between those two with it's tint being not as cool as the S-Mini and not quite as yellow/warm as the SC51w. There is no purple in my sample.

My camera's battery died when I remembered the S-Mini. The (not the best) shot below is of the SC51w on it's M2 setting, the SL6NW on it's low setting, and the SL6CW on it's low setting.

IMG_2692.jpg

Last edited:

holygeez03

Enlightened
Thanks moshow... I feel better about the tint. I assume the beamshots are labelled from left to right (SC51w, SL6 NW, SL6 CW)?

Can you do some "regular" beamshots comparing the SC51w and the SL6 NW... I would like to get an idea of the hotspot and relative brightness. I realize there might be a better comparison, but I already have the SC51w, so I can get a good idea. If you want to throw in the Quark AA as well, that might be interesting.

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks moshow... I feel better about the tint. I assume the beamshots are labelled from left to right (SC51w, SL6 NW, SL6 CW)?
That would be correct. As far as regular beamshots go, I doubt I would be able to get anything decent indoors. I think I may have a better chance for something outdoors as I can use the clamp for my bike's light to keep the lights in the same positions (I hope). I wouldn't be able to do this until tomorrow (very late due to the Detroit/San Jose hockey game :D) or Friday night. Maybe somebody else will be able to post up beamshots by then, and if not I will give it a shot. Just a warning, this would be a first time I would attempt something like this so it may not be pretty.

holygeez03

Enlightened
Not a huge deal... thanks for your input so far. I'm strongly considering the SL6 NW as my XM-L light, but I may need to wait and check out the SC600w.