Surefire E1e

Boss Hogg

Newly Enlightened
Does anybody know the difference between the Surefire E1E Executive Elite Black and the Surefire E1e Executive Black?

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing. Surefire Labels the model as the E1e. People//other websites, sometimes don't bother to make sure the last "e" is in lower-case, which is the correct designation.

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anybody know the difference between the Surefire E1E Executive Elite Black and the Surefire E1e Executive Black?

The lower case "e" in E1e actually means the Elite series, so generally speaking, anything referred to with E1e should be the same as any other E1e. The terms are used interchangeably here and there, so they get mixed up quite often. The only difference in the E1e series was they used to come with momentary lock-out tailcaps, now they come with clickies.

The E1 Executive is different and older than the E1e Executive.

The E1 series had the pocketclip secured to the bezel, lexan lens, and a round knurled body. The head was round with no hexagonal facets, and usually had tear-drop cutouts on the side. The Surefire logo was etched onto the side of the head.

Here's my beatup old E1 on the far left in my single-cell EDC historical lineup...

f571274f.jpg

The E1e has the pocketclip secured to the body, the SF logo is on the side of the body. The bezel has a pyrex lens with hexagonal anti-roll facets machined into the side.

cm_mtb

Enlightened
If that dealer happens to be in LA and in the business of selling police gear... The picture for the "E1e" shows the light with the twisty tailcap, while the "E1E" picture shows the light with the clicky. You might want to contact them if you're interested in one tailcap or the other.

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
I have the same light, an E1E and an E1e although I recently sold the E1e on the marketplace the guy who got it scored because I didn't realize it had a lowercase e. Both lights were exactly the same other than that. My guess is the E1E is a newer style even though nothing is different but the fonts.