Best "floody" flashlight with AA batteries ?

raphaello

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a really powerful floody light that uses AA batteries - I was waiting for the TK41 thinking that it will be a better light (for exploration purposes), but after seeing the video review that Marshal from "going gear" posted on you tube , and then comparing it to the TK45 ... O my ... TK45 is like 3 times "floodier"

So my question is - Is the Tk45 still the best "floody" flashlight out there that uses AA batteries (using AA is a must for me) ?

P.S. I have the Thrunite Nuetron 2AA and it is an unbelievable light, what an outcome coming from such a small light :huh:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Between the TK45 an the Thrunite Neutron 2a theres not much floodier in the aa format. I find Quark AA2 to have a little less or a hotspot than the Nuetron though not as bright. Diffuser films an option?

a 2D maglite with the Fusion36 and an AA to D cell converter would get you some great flood.
running 6 AA batteries in a 2D you'd get more than 600 lumens

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any light you want and add DC-Fix diffuser film. Search "Phaserburn" user name on CPF market place for small sheets.

the glowing diffuser stuff also on the market place is also and option and it is even more diffuse.

I prefer the med diffusion of DC fix and it is cheaper too.

tallyram

Newly Enlightened
TK45 for the win! I love mine. Great useable light that's nice and floody, but also has some reach due to the brute power it puts out.