Fenix TK40, 41 and 45, which one is more "floody"?

stockae92

Enlightened
Anybody have experience on Fenix TK40, 41 and 45?

Which one has a more "flood" (side spills)?

cigma

Newly Enlightened
The outputs are comparable. I haven't done I side by side. I own both the TK45 and the TK41. Given the qualities of the reflectors the TK45 should be more floody.

stockae92

Enlightened
Thanks guy.

I have already have a TK40 and I like flood light. Likely I will pass on the TK41.

I think I might like the TK45 since it should be more floody. But I also worry a little bit about the durability of the multi head LED. To me, a one piece head would be more durable in the case of an accidental drop of the light. and less components should mean less things that can go wrong (gasket, LED, circuit, wire ,etc)

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Huh... I definitely would have thought the 41 would be more floody than the 40. I have a buddy with the 40 and it seems pretty much like a bit of a throw monster. Haven't played with the 41, but I have a light with an XM-L drop-in and it's pretty darn floody.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Huh... I definitely would have thought the 41 would be more floody than the 40. I have a buddy with the 40 and it seems pretty much like a bit of a throw monster. Haven't played with the 41, but I have a light with an XM-L drop-in and it's pretty darn floody.

TK41 throws much farther than the TK40. The TK41 throws darn near the same as most of the big 2x18650 throwers.