NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        

Thread: Sunwayled V10R Ti or Nitecore EX11.2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sunwayled V10R Ti or Nitecore EX11.2

Hello guys,

I have been searching for a decent EDC pocket light and have narrowed my choice to these two lights. I just love the titanium body of the sunway but I prefer the piston switch and the interface of the nitecore. They're basically very close to one another in terms of specs and dimensions, but from other user's experience, could anyone help me pick the right one? i know that the sunway costs more than twice the nitecore which is quite a deal breaker, but I need someone to put some sense into me and tell me which one I should go for.

Thanks!

Default Re: Sunwayled V10R Ti or Nitecore EX11.2

I just went through the same choices as you since I lost my EX10 and wanted a small, single CR123 based light with infinite output. I really did like the interface of the EX10 and the piston drive, and looked closely at the EX 11.2, but ultimately I decided on the V10R Ti. Reason being, the EX10 (and probably the EX 11.2) wasn't the easiest to get the ramping started, even after good cleaning of the switch mechanism and lubing with some ProGold. That's not to say the EX 10 wasn't reliable, but it took some finesse at times, whereas the V10R rotary either works or doesn't.

Thanks for the reply, I think I'm going to order the V10R Ti today.

You will love the V10R Ti, the control ring is simply a delight to use.
    Another plus is that the battery tube is easily bored to fit a 18350 in it and there will soon be a 18500 body available.

HAHAHA, i actually have both of these. i'm pretty happy w/ both but am going to have to say that the Sunway is a supperior light. both had pretty good tint for the R5's, very white and just the slightest hint of blue. i like the beam of the Nitecore better. the V10R's beam looks a lot like the 4Seven's Quark, maybe a slightly tighter hotspot. the Nitecore's hotspot is much larger and the corona diffuses out much more gradually. i would vote for the Sunway but you have to admit that piston-drive is pretty damn cool.
    The lights we own end up owning us...
    Best brands: UltraFire, SacredFire, TrustFire, SpiderFire, StarFire, SuperFire, Yes-Pres-Obama-We-would-love-to-refinance-your-country-Fire & Surefire...in that order. But NOT UniqueFire. They can suck it!

I have both of these lights as well. The Nitecore is smaller and easier to carry, but the ramping of the V10R Ti with the control ring is overall more useable. I agree with stallion2 and also prefer the beam of the Nitecore. The only thing that concerns me about the V10R Ti is that when using RCR123's, the light heats up very quickly on high. On a direct comparision of the two, I'm not sure the extra cost of the Sunwayman is worth it in the end. Both are very nice lights. However, even though you didn't ask, my suggestion for a single cell CR123 light is the ThruNite Neutron Flood 1C. I prefer it over either the Nitecore or the Sunwayman.

I own ex11 and i dont own v10r ti ( but i have seen it in person ). I love v10r ti much better than ex11.

You choose brightness as slow or as fast as you rotate the control ring, very smooth control ring. Problem on ex11 is brightnes ramp way to fast ( and too slow if need it fast ).

The only conds i saw on v10r ti is pocket clip, it too weak and could break easily imho.

Will one of these clips fit the V10R Ti?

NITECORE TITANIUM POCKET CLIP FOR EX11
    http://www.batteryjunction.com/nitecore-ex11-clip.html

NITECORE TITANIUM POCKET CLIP - FITS D10, D11 AND D11.2
    http://www.batteryjunction.com/nitecore-d11-2-clip.html

I want to replace the rather crappy painted clip that comes with the V10R Ti with a Titanium clip to match the rest of the body.

Flashaholic*

I dont think they fit. I think you need the old style nitecore ex10 clip with the holes wider apart. I was looking for a clip some days ago, and dident buy the one from batteryjunction because i think they are for a newer nitecore ex11 and the mounting holes looks too narrow to fit the holes for the v10-r. The clip from the d series wont fit.
    Ended up buying a old original ex10 clip, will prob arrive in some weeks.

I think my V10R Ti is just too nice to EDC (the reason i bought it) I dont want to risk dropping it at work, losing it or having it scratched while in my pocket with my keys / pens etc. Its also pretty heavy! It now lives on my bed side table for those low lumen midnight fridge raids without waking the wife

Quote Originally Posted by Burntrice View Post
    I think my V10R Ti is just too nice to EDC (the reason i bought it) I dont want to risk dropping it at work, losing it or having it scratched while in my pocket with my keys / pens etc. Its also pretty heavy! It now lives on my bed side table for those low lumen midnight fridge raids without waking the wife
    Yes the V10R Ti is very nice. Titanium makes it very durable and perfect for EDC. I know what you mean though, it looks so nice you don't want to risk damaging it. But in reality I think it is built to last a lifetime being used as an EDC or Dresser Princess.