Sunwayled V10R Ti or Nitecore EX11.2

Dimitri Stephan

Newly Enlightened
Hello guys,

I have been searching for a decent EDC pocket light and have narrowed my choice to these two lights. I just love the titanium body of the sunway but I prefer the piston switch and the interface of the nitecore. They're basically very close to one another in terms of specs and dimensions, but from other user's experience, could anyone help me pick the right one? i know that the sunway costs more than twice the nitecore which is quite a deal breaker, but I need someone to put some sense into me and tell me which one I should go for.

Thanks!

clintb

Enlightened
I just went through the same choices as you since I lost my EX10 and wanted a small, single CR123 based light with infinite output. I really did like the interface of the EX10 and the piston drive, and looked closely at the EX 11.2, but ultimately I decided on the V10R Ti. Reason being, the EX10 (and probably the EX 11.2) wasn't the easiest to get the ramping started, even after good cleaning of the switch mechanism and lubing with some ProGold. That's not to say the EX 10 wasn't reliable, but it took some finesse at times, whereas the V10R rotary either works or doesn't.

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
You will love the V10R Ti, the control ring is simply a delight to use.
Another plus is that the battery tube is easily bored to fit a 18350 in it and there will soon be a 18500 body available.

stallion2

Enlightened
HAHAHA, i actually have both of these. i'm pretty happy w/ both but am going to have to say that the Sunway is a supperior light. both had pretty good tint for the R5's, very white and just the slightest hint of blue. i like the beam of the Nitecore better. the V10R's beam looks a lot like the 4Seven's Quark, maybe a slightly tighter hotspot. the Nitecore's hotspot is much larger and the corona diffuses out much more gradually. i would vote for the Sunway but you have to admit that piston-drive is pretty damn cool.

Lighteous

Enlightened
I have both of these lights as well. The Nitecore is smaller and easier to carry, but the ramping of the V10R Ti with the control ring is overall more useable. I agree with stallion2 and also prefer the beam of the Nitecore. The only thing that concerns me about the V10R Ti is that when using RCR123's, the light heats up very quickly on high. On a direct comparision of the two, I'm not sure the extra cost of the Sunwayman is worth it in the end. Both are very nice lights. However, even though you didn't ask, my suggestion for a single cell CR123 light is the ThruNite Neutron Flood 1C. I prefer it over either the Nitecore or the Sunwayman.

stallion2

Enlightened
well if we're gonna throw out lights not originally mentioned AND the OP is already considering at $150 Ti light then i'll just say it.....RA CLICKY!!!!!
still my favorite EDC...easily! the other two are brighter than my Ra 170 (barely) but I'll take the Clicky any day.

chaoss

Enlightened
I have both as well and if you are wanting a very small light for true EDC than the EX11.2 wins.
If you don't mind something a little larger than the V10R Ti easily crushes the EX11.2.

As to the RA clicky reference, nuff said. I would choose the RA over the two others hands down. There is a good reason for the multiple chapter RA clicky thread. This light is just that good.

Lighteous

Enlightened
I have both as well and if you are wanting a very small light for true EDC than the EX11.2 wins.
If you don't mind something a little larger than the V10R Ti easily crushes the EX11.2.

As to the RA clicky reference, nuff said. I would choose the RA over the two others hands down. There is a good reason for the multiple chapter RA clicky thread. This light is just that good.

I am patiently awaiting the arrival of my first HDS. Patiently... And from all I've read, I am sure you are right.

Dimitri Stephan

Newly Enlightened
Alright, so I've placed an order on a Sunwayled V10R Ti with the AA extender tube just for the sake convenience in case I don't have an CR123's at my disposal at any place in time. I might even write a review if I feel like it. Thanks for all the help guys!

well... I think the choice is quite easy.. let your purse speak for you as Sunwayman V10 TI is not in the the same range of price.. but the EX11.2 is a really clever and nice flashlight. I first bouyght a NiteCore EX11 and i found its low mode still too bright so I bought a second NiteCore EX11 but this EX 11.2 which has got a super low setting.. And the more I use it the more I like it.

jbdan

Newly Enlightened
I've owned the vr10 and ex and much prefer the less expensive EX11.2, but I offer this crucial point: It took me 3 EX11.2's before I found a solid one. Their QC on this light is awful.

If you can try one in-store and check out the piston action, the brass ring and it's freedom of movement then your golden this light.

Last edited:

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Obviously, the Sunwayman V10R also comes in a much less expensive aluminum version, same guts (as far as I know) and performance, just aluminum. The AA extender also fits it, though you could get galling. That option seems like a clear winner if price is main the inhibitor for the V10R Ti.

njet212

Enlightened
I own ex11 and i dont own v10r ti ( but i have seen it in person ). I love v10r ti much better than ex11.

You choose brightness as slow or as fast as you rotate the control ring, very smooth control ring. Problem on ex11 is brightnes ramp way to fast ( and too slow if need it fast ).

The only conds i saw on v10r ti is pocket clip, it too weak and could break easily imho.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont think they fit. I think you need the old style nitecore ex10 clip with the holes wider apart. I was looking for a clip some days ago, and dident buy the one from batteryjunction because i think they are for a newer nitecore ex11 and the mounting holes looks too narrow to fit the holes for the v10-r. The clip from the d series wont fit.
Ended up buying a old original ex10 clip, will prob arrive in some weeks.

Burntrice

Newly Enlightened
I think my V10R Ti is just too nice to EDC (the reason i bought it) I dont want to risk dropping it at work, losing it or having it scratched while in my pocket with my keys / pens etc. Its also pretty heavy! It now lives on my bed side table for those low lumen midnight fridge raids without waking the wife :D

Titanium81

Newly Enlightened
I think my V10R Ti is just too nice to EDC (the reason i bought it) I dont want to risk dropping it at work, losing it or having it scratched while in my pocket with my keys / pens etc. Its also pretty heavy! It now lives on my bed side table for those low lumen midnight fridge raids without waking the wife :D

Yes the V10R Ti is very nice. Titanium makes it very durable and perfect for EDC. I know what you mean though, it looks so nice you don't want to risk damaging it. But in reality I think it is built to last a lifetime being used as an EDC or Dresser Princess.

texbaz

Newly Enlightened
Yes the V10R Ti is very nice. Titanium makes it very durable and perfect for EDC. I know what you mean though, it looks so nice you don't want to risk damaging it. But in reality I think it is built to last a lifetime being used as an EDC or Dresser Princess.

For sure a nice light, if I could have picked up an RA light with similar physical qualities at the same price I would. But, while the V10R is a Jewel has pretty slick interface, the other lights have far extensive user controlled options. one simple function the V10R should of had is the ability to notify the operator as the how much power is left, I have been left in the dark more than once, never happens with the RA Clicky

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
My v10r Ti was too pretty. All shiny and perfect machining, too nice really.
I decided to man up and go to work on it with a new scotchbright pad.
I scratched the living poop out of it and kept going. It now looks like a cross between matte and stonewash.
Can't scratch it now and it looks better honestly. Down in all the grooves it's still super shiny, what a cool contrast!

Wish I could post pics from my phone