Help modding Jetbeam E3S

kevinm

Enlightened
Hey guys,

I need some help modding a Jetbeam E3S. When I open the lens retaining ring and remove the lens and reflector, I see a white isolation disk. It appears to be stuck down (or a REALLY tight fit). When I open the other end of the head, I see a circuit board with no obvious means of extraction. So...how do I swap the LED? Anyone done this?

Thanks,
Kevin

Ps- If you have removed the switch on a Zebralight H51 or a Spark, I need some help with that too!

kevinm

Enlightened
If you have an E3S, leave it alone!!!:shakehead I tried going in through the front to swap the emitter. The leads crumbled. So I thought "What more damage could I do?"

The pill is a TIGHT fit and is epoxied in. Might be the black Loctite, but 6 cycles of freezing and boiling didn't loosen it. I thought it was threaded in, so I tried twisting it out and applied enough force to tear the brass pill (1/16 inch thick!). Still no movement. So I heated the whole thing to 500F.:devil: It loosened it enough to allow me to push the pill out with a lot of force (it tore the traces off the board and broke a pile of components. :sick2:

SO, now I have a driver on order and am rebuilding.

Kevin

Chongker

Newly Enlightened
That's a pity, I've got an E3S too, and I quite like it. Was thinking that with a HI CRI XPG and a forward clicky it would make a great light =)

Have you tried finding a forward clicky that will fit in the light? Hope you get yours up and running again!
Patrick