LD40 saved my life...

Ian2381

Enlightened
I have a new dive light Princeton tec AMP 1.0 and went out to the beach to try and test its waterproofing But went back to get my LD40 as I felt for a need to survey the area better before jumping into the water as it seems the 12 lumen dive light is not enough.
This is what I saw using the LD40.

226292_1612173839276_1684182208_1131319_3864531_n.jpg

This actually Made me appreciate my LD40 more.

product_info.php
LD40_5_small.jpg

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I wouldn't want to step on a sea snake though know nothing about the critters beyond their venom is crazy toxic to humans.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't want to step on a sea snake though know nothing about the critters beyond their venom is crazy toxic to humans.
I wouldn't want to step on that one either but it might be cold comfort to know that toxicity is measured on rodents and could be different for humans. Mind you, a banded sea snake doesn't usually hunt mice or rats so there little chance that its venom is especially deadly for rodents.

By the way, love the neutral white of the LD40. (Odd aside, LD50 is the test they use for checking the toxicity ..)

Last edited:

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I wouldn't want to step on that one either but it might be cold comfort to know that toxicity is measured on rodents and could be different for humans. Mind you, a banded sea snake doesn't usually hunt mice or rats so there little chance that its venom is especially deadly for rodents.

By the way, love the neutral white of the LD40. (Odd aside, LD50 is the test they use for checking the toxicity ..)

I think that maybe one of the most toxic snakes to humans in the world. It could be many times more toxic to us than most cobras. Not sure if that snake is known to hit or what % of bites are dry etc. I am not siure if that was a beaked or banded as don't have any in my AO.

Last edited: