What should I expect - Solarforce 320Lms R5 XP-G Cree Led 3 Mode 0.8V-4.2V Bulb

parkerdude

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

1st post, be nice to the newbie...

My first step into the hi-po LED world was a Solarforce L2 host and the "Solarforce 320Lms R5 XP-G Cree Led 3 Mode 0.8V-4.2V Bulb", I also bought a 4x 18650 2400 mAh batteries and charger.

OK, I charged the batteries and played with the flashlight for a day or so, and then decided to try run-times.

So today I put in a freshly charged battery and turned the light on high, 320 lumens mfg claimed output. Light on at 14:15 light went off at 15:07, 52 minutes and I used our digital kitchen thermometer and it registered 115°. hotter than I would want to hold.

I waited until the light body cooled back to room temp and replaced the battery with a freshly charged one. This time I set the LED to the medium setting, supposedly 40%m (128 Lms). Light on at 15:30, light shut off at 19:45, 4 hours, 15 minutes. Light body warm but not uncomfortable.

As I said this is my first bright LED and only the second bright light in years, Surefire 8x. That was a good light back when I was a commando taxi driver in 1994.

What should I expect from the current LED set-up? Are the run-times OK?

I'm going to want to attach something like this on my AR15 and my Mossy 12ga., but I don't want the light to shut down when IT wants. I could use a single mode drop-in with lower total lumens if I had to. I only need illumination out to 50 to 75 yards or so.

Money's tight, and I'd like to get it close to right with as few tries as possible.

Any positive or constructive thoughts?

Thanks.

later,