Recommend Batteries for Light?

Quartermass

Newly Enlightened
Hi folks!

I have a Mighty Bright clip on dual LED light which I use for reading my electronic book - it's a Sony Reader. It does the job very well and provides an even light, and if I position it just right there's no reflection.

However I do need batteries for it. I have bought (at least what I think) a good charger - A C9000. And I have bought a set of 4 Duracell "Stay Charged" batteries for it. Stay charged batteries I understand are LSD Low Self Discharge and most manufacturers have their own name for it.

As the batteries can last months between charges - or a week - depending on how often I am in the mood to read I believed that LSD batteries were the right thing to use. It is after all a very low power draw.

It uses 3 AAA batteries.

I'm about to head over to Florida for a couple of weeks for a holiday, and thought I should grab some spare batteries for it, since I'll be doing a lot of reading while I relax. I'm particularly over the top about buying exactly the right thing, and I realise this is almost certainly overkill, but I thought I'd ask here and see if there was some kind of opinion on what would be the best AAA LSD battery cells for me to get hold of? Price isn't really a big issue, since they'll all be around the same price.

I do appreciate any help people can offer!

Hawkman

Newly Enlightened
I just buy the AAAs in bulk at Costco. Duracell or the Kirkland brand suits me fine. I try to stock up when they're on sale. :D

Phil828

Newly Enlightened
Probably most people here would say that Sanyo Eneloops are the best available LSD NiMH battery. The newest version is advertised as being able to be recharged 1500 times which is far more than any other manufacturer claims.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF Quartermass.

Many of the LSD Duracells are re-branded Eneloops. They have white around the positive terminal, and "Made in Japan" printed on the cells. The Eneloops, and the re-branded Duracells [aka Duraloops], are very highly recommended. They have changed my flashlight usage - I use AA lights almost exclusively now because they are so good. The original Duraloops were labeled as "Pre-Charged".

Quartermass

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies folks!

It turns out that the AAA Duracells I have have white surrounding the positive terminal and they were made in Japan. Other than a capacity of 0.8 amp hours there's nothing else that would mark them as LSD batteries.

The AA Duracells I have are also white around the terminal and marked as Made in Japan, but they're also branded as Stay Charged.

So unless I have misunderstood, the Duracells are Eneloop batteries, and those are the two brands I should be on the look out for, and I should have no preference between them.