Is it possible???

SgtCuts

Newly Enlightened
Ok guys I recently purchased a Preon 1 locally after having to get rid of most of my lights to help financially a few months ago but when I turn this light on its got sort of a green tint to it I was told by the store owner who sold it to me it was the XP-G R5 version cause he bought it before the S2's were available now what I am wondering is if this is correct. Is there any way to visually tell the difference between the S2 and R5 by looking at the emitter?

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure how to tell by looking but I bought a Quark 123 Ti (R5 first run) and it was too green for me. Then I bought an R5 Quark AA on the MP that was :sick2: GREEN (before the S2 came out) that I gifted to my boss. It is POSSIBLE that it's R5 and green but not too common.

SgtCuts

Newly Enlightened
I'm not sure how to tell by looking but I bought a Quark 123 Ti (R5 first run) and it was too green for me. Then I bought an R5 Quark AA on the MP that was :sick2: GREEN (before the S2 came out) that I gifted to my boss. It is POSSIBLE that it's R5 and green but not too common.

Now thats def interesting I wonder if 4Sevens awesome customer service would replace it with a newer R5 for me:whistle:

Lightman2

Enlightened
Double reply here ... my Quark Mini 123 I ordered I thought was to be a 135 lumen at 2 hr run time but I was sent the 123 that ran for 1.2 hrs so I got the R5 led (189 lumens for 1.2 hrs). The web site states the S2 led only goes with the 123 Satin Ti (which is the 135 lumens at 2 hrs). So maybe 47's is droping the R5 led because of colur and placing the S2 into their other models. If in fact the one I have is an S2 (as on my 47's confirmation order slip) according to the web site the only Mini 123 I can have in S2 is the Satin Ti and mine is deflinately black anodize aluminum?? If this all makes sense. Took me some time to work out and I'm still confused. Oh and there is no green tint in my 123.

Last edited: