surefire conversion

echo154

Newly Enlightened
Hi all...sorry if this post is redundant....I searched but could find nothing about converting a surefire 8x into an led......heck maybe even going to a lithium ion battery.....any help would be great...I have already converted a 9p to an led/ lion set up and have a jet beam 1000 lumen....but I am a third shift K-9 guy and need all the light/ lights I can get weight is an issue on long tracks, as is burn time/ brightness......thanks one and all in advance.
They say never judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes....just my luck I was after a Florida Seminole....they don't wear shoes.....God has many laughs at our expense:D

echo154

Newly Enlightened
I guess there is not a fix for an antique surefire 8x......anyone.....buehler.....buehler......buehler.....seriously I can use all the help I can get...a cops salary is not user friendly. Any led heads to replace a surefire x80 to an LED......please!

BIGLOU

Enlightened
echo unfortunately SF never came out with an upgraded LED drop-in or LED replacement head and there is no after market company/person who has come out with one. There are a few CPFers that would love this option including myself. I recommed a bored out 6P to run 18650s and a Nailbender XML drop-in or bore out the 9P and get a Malkoff Devices M91 on 2x18500s. GL