Jetbeam BA20

Cole07

Enlightened
This Tuesday I pulled the trigger on a Jetbeam BA20 and it just arrived this afternoon. I couldn't wait to tear open the package to my first XP-G R5 light. Opened it right up and stuck in some partially used alkalines i had lying around, even with the old alkalines it is brighter than my Surefire G2 KX4. I am pleased with the beam, although not as clean as the Surefire, it is bright and has a nice cool white tint which I like the best. This is my first 2xAA format light and I decided to go with it after learing it was brighter than the Fenix LD20 and the Quarks, and it is about twenty dollars cheaper. Thanks to Selfbuilt's review of this light I am now a proud owner of a 270 lumen BA20. :naughty: I can't wait to test this thing out when it gets dark comparing it my Surefire.

flame2000

Enlightened
I picked one up as well. It's affordable and very well made. Easy UI with hi/low, tail stand forward clicky and the high is really bright. Threads are a bit gritty though, I cleaned it up and re-lube it, much smoother now. I got about 1hr 40min on high with Sanyo Eneloop. With the new Sanyo XX 2500mAh, I'm hoping it could run for about 2hr 30min on high!
Now looking for a holster to go with it.

jbdan

Newly Enlightened
I just got 2 last week for my friends going overseas. The price is really incredible imo and the lights are super simple hi/lo. Tailstand a + & the tint is brilliant white no yellow/green/purple. 270lm max is really sweet...I've read these lights are overdriven. I really don't know what that means, but the lights are excellent for the buck! I'm now thinking about getting a couple of BC series

Cole07

Enlightened
These lights definitely give you the most bang for your buck compared to the Fenix and Quarks.

uh60james

Newly Enlightened
This is a great light, I got one today. I am happily surprised. Love the throw and its very bright, running it on fresh duraloops. I think I saw in one of the reviews someone said it didn't tail stand, mine does you just have to set it down flat.

carl k

Newly Enlightened
My first bright flashlight was a Jetbeam BA20. Even though it has a clip I wanted to keep it in a holster. I found it fits perfectly in Maxpedition's 5" Flashlight Sheath.

Chidwack

Enlightened
Bought 2 of these and a Klarus P2A two weeks ago from GG. They cost the same and so I wanted the Klarus to compare. Almost identical to each other. The Klarus has a slightly lighter tint than the Jetbeam. The Jetbeam has runs about 3-5 minutes longer on the same eneloop batteries. The throw on the Klarus seems to be just a little more than the throw on the Jetbeam. I love the two modes and the low is about perfect for everything around the house. I find I am liking both of these lights just a little better than my Quark AA2 Tactical. Both these lights are brighter and have more throw than the Quark and they were $20 cheaper plus they both tailstand. You can't go wrong with these lights. I'm thinking about some more for Christmas presents.

BTW, I picked up a couple of Nite Ize adjustable headbands on ebay for $5 each. These work great for turning these lights into hands free head lights.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
This Tuesday I pulled the trigger on a Jetbeam BA20 and it just arrived this afternoon. I couldn't wait to tear open the package to my first XP-G R5 light. Opened it right up and stuck in some partially used alkalines i had lying around, even with the old alkalines it is brighter than my Surefire G2 KX4. I am pleased with the beam, although not as clean as the Surefire, it is bright and has a nice cool white tint which I like the best. This is my first 2xAA format light and I decided to go with it after learing it was brighter than the Fenix LD20 and the Quarks, and it is about twenty dollars cheaper. Thanks to Selfbuilt's review of this light I am now a proud owner of a 270 lumen BA20. :naughty: I can't wait to test this thing out when it gets dark comparing it my Surefire.

Hmm... Quarks now have the XML emitters, and these are hella brighter than the XPG R5's.

Spin

Enlightened
I also purchased one & using it in hi mode as a bike light. I also like the reasonably bright 30-35 hr low mode. I'm using energizer L91's. I'm very satisfied with this light.