Inova X5 Black White LED's anyone else still EDC this light...?

photophilic1

Newly Enlightened
I just received 2 new Inova x5's I had some of the older ones from years back and I can say I am very surprised how bright the newer LED's are also the color is more of a snowy white tint and they work great on my RCR 3 volt Lion batteries...this is one of my EDC lights the second is the Nitecore IFE2...anybody else still carry an X5 EDC or atleast as a backup light..?

mrlysle

Enlightened
I have a pretty old one I carry in my bag, but I don't EDC it. Nice floody light. I just ordered a IFE2 because I have the IFE1 and wanted to complete the set. Do you like your IFE2?

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have some older X5s and two of the brighter (55 lumen) X5s introduced in late 2009/early 2010.

An older Inova X5 stays in each family vehicle and a 55 lumen X5 serves as a backup inside a Maxpedition versipack.

I sometimes use the other 55 lumen X5 as a task light for indoor chores, though I have employed it as a backup on a few night time walks.

FWIW, some owners reported failures of their 55 lumen X5s, discussed in this thread.

The newest (2011) version X5 has 2 brightness levels and a super long runtime.

photophilic1

Newly Enlightened
Yeah it's very bright you will definitely like it and it works pretty good with RCR 123's or 18650's I prefer the RCR123's I guess I trust these batteries and am more familiar with them it's a great light although it has a slight flicker to it on lower settings but so does the second one I think its a design issue but it's very reliable and it has nice knurling to it and feels solid...how do you like the IFE2?

photophilic1

Newly Enlightened
I have some older X5s and two of the brighter (55 lumen) X5s introduced in late 2009/early 2010.

An older Inova X5 stays in each family vehicle and a 55 lumen X5 serves as a backup inside a Maxpedition versipack.

I sometimes use the other 55 lumen X5 as a task light for indoor chores, though I have employed it as a backup on a few night time walks.

FWIW, some owners reported failures of their 55 lumen X5s, discussed in this thread.

The newest (2011) version X5 has 2 brightness levels and a super long runtime.

I hope that I have good luck with the newer X5's I have heard about some of the problems from some of the posts but so far no problems yet I will keep my fingers crossed but I can say that the light has good color and tint to it unlike the older ones which were not quite as bright and tended to look more blue in tint also the newer light seems to run cooler the older ones gave off some heat with continuous use..

DaveG

Enlightened
Glad to see the X-5 is getting a make over,and not dropped from the line up.I must have about seven of these things,from quite old to newer model.Looking forward to trying the new one out.