Surefire M3LT price increase?

eoneb

Newly Enlightened
It seems the price for the Surefire M3LT has gone up on the surefire website and battery junction. Any reason to this?

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since some did increase in price, and some didn't, and some increased more than others, I'm sure the fact that the M3LT lumen output is doubling to 800, accounted for some of the price increase.

Mr Bigglow

Enlightened
I too am brokenhearted. But how long before LEDs will set the wallpaper on fire if you use them inside the house? :)

utlgoa

Enlightened
I bet they just switched over to the Cree XM-L ( but isn't that less expensive than the Cree MC-E LED?) that would explain the increase in Lumen.

As for the increase in price......I'm guessing they have to pay for all that advertising some how.

stallion2

Enlightened
I bet they just switched over to the Cree XM-L ( but isn't that less expensive than the Cree MC-E LED?) that would explain the increase in Lumen.

As for the increase in price......I'm guessing they have to pay for all that advertising some how.

thats exactly what they are doing, going to the XM-L......but now that they are going to 800 lumens i can't help but wonder if they are still able to do that w/ the XM-L. originally they were saying that the updated version was going to be 600 lumens but w/out any decrease in runtime.

as far as the LED cost goes, yeah, the XM-L is way cheaper than an MC-E. but they aren't about to drop the cost making a brighter light.

i'm just glad that i still love my now pathetic 400 lumen version

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys while I have all you M3 heads in the one place anybody try one of the Lumens Factory SST-90 3 Mode M Head Assembles?
I am thinking of buying one just would love to hear from some one that has got one or tried one before not sure if it is a thrower or not as I am looking for a thrower.

At 1600lm for $130 sounds ok but you never know.

cheers

Edit: Sorry for the little bit of Hijack but it is about the M3

pulstar

Enlightened
SureFire, LLC The new 800-lumen (new LED so no longer 600) versions of the M3LT and M3LT-S are in production. These products should start shipping within the next two weeks assuming we don't have any hiccups. Please be aware that we have quite a hefty backorder on these products, which may take a few weeks to fill. Check with your local SureFire dealer.

This is the answer i qot on Surefire's Facebook page! :)

eoneb

Newly Enlightened
The 800 lumen M3LT would be sweet, but they still havent fixed the current 400 lumen with the lens smudge issue. I called them up for my M3LT with the 'oil stain' and I was told there is no fix for it yet by surefire.

Even though this smudge on the lens does not affect performance, I would not expect this imperfection given the price of the light.

I also heard people who sent their light in, got it back more messed up with scratches and dings on the head.

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
The 800 lumen M3LT would be sweet, but they still havent fixed the current 400 lumen with the lens smudge issue. I called them up for my M3LT with the 'oil stain' and I was told there is no fix for it yet by surefire.

Even though this smudge on the lens does not affect performance, I would not expect this imperfection given the price of the light.

I also heard people who sent their light in, got it back more messed up with scratches and dings on the head.
This is the ago old difference in expectations over SureFire's products given the wide variety of 'users' attracted to SureFire products.
Perhaps its vastly oversimplifying but from those only interested in the outcome to those only interested in the object.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I admit it does pain me initially to see the smudge on the window of my M3LT but since it does not affect performance of the light at all I have learnt to live with it and it has been great so far.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ditto...As far as I'm concerned, it's part of the MFG. process. While on the M3LT, I saw one of there store flip-card style catalog, and it listed the KX9T as an LED head accessory for the M4 devestator. Tried it for a few seconds last night, and it was "low" only of course, but it didn't seem to be brighter than it was on the M3LT...it appears to be safe, but I'd like some feed-back from maybe Size-15, as to whether it is indeed safe to run the head on 4 cells?

Size15's

Flashaholic
SureFire's M3LT (existing '400 lumen' version) uses the KX9T LED bezel, which is designed for two-stage output operation.

At SHOT Show 2011 SureFire proposed an M6LT, proto-types of which featured the "KX9T-A", which was a single-output 800 lumen LED bezel.

We know that the 400 lumen KX9T bezel operates at 'low output' on models such as the M3, M4 and M6 which lack the M3LT's two-stage TailCap switch.

We know that SureFire intend to release an updated version of the M3LT with significantly higher output (800 lumens).

So I see there are two main routes SureFire can go:

1) new KX9T only operates properly on the M3LT, and new that KX9T-A operates properly on the M3 and M6, and likely the M4.
[people are going to put the KX9T-A on their M4 bodies so at the very least it should be capable of not being killed by four-SF123As]
[this route has two bezels, identical except for the electronics]

or

2) new KX9T operates properly on the M3LT, M3, M4 and M6, producing two-stages on the M3LT and high-output on the M3, M4 & M6.
[this route has a single LED bezel to make things simpler and easier]

Last edited: