Dark Sucks: tentative warranty policy...your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

archer6817j

Enlightened
Hi folks,

I wasn't sure the most appropriate place to post this so feel free to move it.

I recently posted a tentative warranty policy for my lights on my blog: link

I'd love to get some feedback from members on what sounds reasonable, what doesn't, and/or what else you'd like to see.

Thanks in advance!

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like it as it is, my favorite part is by the end, the
The "don't be a jerk" clause
I'm just one guy and I do the best work I can. If you have a problem and you are nice about it, I'll go out of my way to*exceed*your expectations. If you have a problem and you are a jerk about it, consider your warranty null and void. Seriously. I don't have the time or patience to deal with unreasonable people, and since I'm making the rules, that's my rule.*

Simply brilliant

AnotherADDiction

Newly Enlightened
Archer,
The policy sounds very nice and it sounds very attractive (to me, at least). I would not think that there would be any issue on either side (yours or the customer) if you are dealing with rational people - the problem is that many people are not. I am probably not the best person to give business advice, I am too nice and have paid the price in the past.
It seems that most companies state coverage only for the original buyer, but many MAY extend it to 3rd parties on a case by case - this sounds like a very nice thing.
Personally, I would not have any reservations with this policy, and I think the 'jerk' clause is perfect - all companies should have that clause. I would make sure that your butt is covered legally, and see what a lawyer says - does this protect you adequately, or is something not allowed.
I love what you are doing and your designs. The 'openess' is very refreshing, as well as very interesting. I hope to do something in the future with you (need funds now). I will be looking through your site when I have more time.
Good Luck and Thank You!

Greta

Flashaholic
archer... as you already have a sales thread (of sorts) in the custom/mod forum, this type of post should be added to that 'sales' thread. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.