Einstein Was Right, AGAIN! NASA Proves it after epic 47 year Gravity Probe quest!

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have always been astonished at what Albert Einstein accomplished and how after all these years so many of his theories have been proven correct. Imagine what a man like Einstein might have done if he had access to today's technologies.

So it turns out there is a space-time vortex around Earth, and its shape precisely matches the predictions of Einstein's theory of gravity. NASA started funding and planning Gravity Probe B all the way back in 1963 and it has finally been brought to fruition here in May, 2011.

Clifford Will of Washington University in St. Louis. An expert in Einstein's theories, referring to Gravity Probe B, states, "One day, this will be written up in textbooks as one of the classic experiments in the history of physics."

Last edited:

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Holy cow, I am in awe!

He was a smart guy, alright. Now, if I could figure out where the gravity well is that eats my dress socks...

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's kind of even more amazing, especially with the timing but today it was announced that the first results from a major astronomical survey using a cutting-edge technique appear to have confirmed the existence of mysterious dark energy which up until now has only been theorized. This is an entirely different subject from my first post about Einstein the other day about the confirmation of the space/time vortex.

From the BBC - New method 'confirms dark energy'

"Einstein was right!..... To explain why the expansion of the Universe was speeding up, astronomers had to either rewrite Albert Einstein's theory of gravity or accept that the cosmos was filled with a novel type of energy."

"The action of dark energy is as if you threw a ball up in the air, and it kept speeding upward into the sky faster and faster," said co-author Dr Chris Blake of the Swinburne University of Technology in Melbourne, Australia. The results tell us that dark energy is a cosmological constant, as Einstein proposed. If gravity were the culprit, then we wouldn't be seeing these constant effects of dark energy throughout time."

As for the gravity well is that eats LEDAdd1ct's dress socks.......the space/time vortex that eats my socks seems to be in my washing machine!

Last edited:

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let's not give up on old Al yet. Buried in a pile of papers in the Swiss patent office may be an overlooked early draft of a paper detailing the exact nature of the physical properties behind the quantum singularity responsible for the disappearance of socks, car keys, and remote controls...

StarHalo

Flashaholic
68698025.jpg

beerwax

Enlightened
pretty cool making sphere round to within 40 atomic layers. i thought i had a good job.

amazing maths being able to calculate the expected result. such accuracy and attention to detail.

i find it interesting how the maths can predict the result but my human mind cannot conceptualise the physics. bit like 'c' being a constant or the usefullness of 'i'. brings it home that what we see is not how it is. and i always remember when we learnt in history about copernicus (ithink) and all the complicated orbits of the sun stars and planets around the earth and how much simpler everything looked when things were changed so that the earth and planets orbited the sun. im starting to ramble. ill go look at that second link.

cheers

flashflood

Enlightened
pretty cool making sphere round to within 40 atomic layers. i thought i had a good job.

amazing maths being able to calculate the expected result. such accuracy and attention to detail.

I'm a mathematician, and I would say that the math here is not that tricky -- most competent mathematicians could do it. The precision of the machining, however, plus the fact that all of this precision survived the violence of launch, just blows me away.

Even more amazing is that after 100 years, every single one of Einstein's predictions -- many of which were untestable at the time -- has proven correct. Not one failure. That is like dictating a million lines of code in a brand-new programming language and having all of it compile and work the first time. Even Einstein's wastebasket (including things like a cosmological constant that counteracts gravity, now known as dark energy) is proving more productive than any living physicist.

And the cojones to predict this stuff! That pair of giant spheres in Gravity Probe B was nothing compared to his.

Last edited:

beerwax

Enlightened
wouldnt they need to know the orbit details like distance to centre of gravity and velocity, accurately , all the time. otherwise the predicted value would not match the experiment value ?.