The search continues!

HoggerNaut

Newly Enlightened
Now I dont mean to sound like Bono from U2, but I still havent found what I'm looking for.

I have a Olight M20S and yesterday received my Jetbeam Jet III M R5, but it aint what I am after.

Im looking for a tactical light of +- that size. The olight is lovely, prefer it over the jetbeam but non of them give me that built like a tank confidence. Use to have an SF P6 but the lumens is a bit on the weak side for me.

PLS help me choose the next one.

I was thinking Elzetta or Trunite Scorpion???

Thanks in advance!

cm_mtb

Enlightened
I just noticed you don't have the 6P, anyway.

You'd probably be satisfied with an Elzetta. They seem to be pretty heavy duty.

HoggerNaut

Newly Enlightened
Here would be South Africa!

I can easily pick up a SF again, but nobody does Malkoff.

Will be Elzetta then.
Thanks for the replays folks!

Nachtwacht

Newly Enlightened
I cant get malkoff here man!
But that would have been sweet!

Hello HoggerNaut,

If you're ordering online, it should be no problem having Malkoff-products shipped to South Africa. The Malkoff website states specifically that they ship to S/A (malkoffdevices.com). Also other Malkoff-dealers, like Battery Junction (batteryjunction.com) and Illumination Supply (illuminationsupply.com) have 'South Africa' mentioned in the drop-down check-out box.

I suppose you would also order the Elzetta online?

Greetings,

Nachtwacht.

DivineStrike

Newly Enlightened
I sort of have the same feeling with my m20s, It's a nice light and I'm sure it will last for the uses i have for it but it almost feels too nice. Maybe because it's so light i dunno. If i'd do it all over i'd probably try out the Predator as the torture test is actually a true torture test. The olight can handle a lot of adverse conditions but they didn't exactly try to break it, and when they ran it over with a tank/truck or something the light pretty much slipped in the grooves, didn't really recieve the full brunt of it. Theres also a video of a surefire vs an elzetta. Surefire barely lasted through a couple tests and if I remember correctly they couldn't kill the elzetta m60.

I may still buy the predator, not because i need it or anything but I almost can't help myself :drunk: as it is a awesome light, there was a another light in it's class that throws just about as well if not better, can't remember what it was....oh yea it was the rapid fire spear. Just about the best throw in it's class.

As for olight, I like them for sure and want an m3x, but will do a bit more research before I purchase it as I sort of rushed this one. Definitely not dissatisfied with the m20s but there are other options like Lumintop which are just about as good for much less (actually Lumintops look errily similar to olights, just a bit less expensive)

Last edited:

HoggerNaut

Newly Enlightened
Elzetta inbound!!!!
Decided on it as the Malkoff drop in would have only given me high beam in the SF P6 and not low aswell!

Thanks for the help + links.

Will let you know what I think when it arrives!
This better be a tank.
Im preparing for the Zombie Apocolypse!

DivineStrike

Newly Enlightened
where'd you decide to get it from? and it's good you got the malkoff because that's what is used in the vid. Also, you get the one with bezel?

HoggerNaut

Newly Enlightened
Its what I wanted.
This puppy is tough.
Put bout 150 rounds through my shottie with her mounted on and she was smiling all the way!!!