Muyshondt Mako and Eagletac pn20a

choombak

Enlightened
A lot has been said about these lights, including reviews, and user opinions. I received both on the same day, and thought I'll put my "first impressions" here:

The Eagletac pn20a:

• overbuilt in classic eagletac style! for some reason, i simply love the eagletac line of lights - their body construction is one of a kind.
  • its different - right from the pocket clip, to the twisty interface, this thing feels different than all similar AAA lights that i've handled. the tactile feel is a joy! the twisty interface is similar to the mako.
  • reflector is deep, mostly will good throw as a result (they do claim "optimized for throw").
  • beam is pure-white, with decent hotspot, smooth transition to spill.
The Muyshondt Mako:

• slightly thicker construction than normal AAA lights (peak, and arc)
  • fantastic attention to detail - the threading is super smooth, and the o-ring is of correct shape, it actually creates a vacuum while opening the compartment.
  • the levels are well spaced considering the overall low lumen output. the beam is ringy, but i am okay as far as it lights the subjects reasonably well. ;)
  • the head does not wobble when turned off, and is very secure (compare with the v1 of DQG tiny - poor comparison considering the price difference, but i think it is fairly easy to get right, and it not related to price per se).
  • missing split-ring - i guess they came like this. used the color matching split ring from the pn20a
  • pairs well with the look of my spydie sage 2. almost identical color of the handle. photos below.
What a fantastic pair!
5732626657_d70711527d_z.jpg

pn20a and Mako
5732626587_cd27e86e62_z.jpg

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
that pn20a is HUGE!

congrats on finding a mako, one rare bird (undoubtedly the only one in all of india!!!). and welcome to a very limited club!

two nice mini reviews choombak. and i agree with your assessment of the mako 100%.

ps - nice pixs too.

Last edited:

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Choombak,

Now that you've tasted Muyshondt quality, you'll need to get an Aeon.