Fenix TK11 question and issues with the MG pocket rocket

redheddedstranger

Newly Enlightened
First ill start off with the MG issues. Its the 450+ lumens R4 version ( i think) its last year's model if that helps. anyway, at random the emitter came off of the circuit board and was moving free within the reflector.. keep in mind my wife uses this flashlight only to take the dog out and some light duties when catfishing. we keep good care of our equipment. so the only way to get this running is to replace the emitter/circuit board (due to lack of terminology) and have to unsolder the wires and then replace and solder the wire back on. well i do not have a soldering kit. i will get one, one day but till then the MG is going into the drawer.

the replacement flashlight i was thinking about is the Fenix TK11 (bc i have 2 18650 lithium ion batteries i need to use) and i know Fenix is a quality brand. i should have known the MG with its 3 month warranty could end up being of cheap quality (the flash light itself is good quality but apparenty the emitter likes to crap the bed).

my question is does Fenix have a 18650 flash light that doesnt have the tacticool switch? i love the easy 2 mode lighting the TK 11 offers..i am not a huge fan of tactical switches bc everytime i put them in a bag, my luck, the light gets switched on by accident. stupid i know but still. my wife is horrible at accidently clicking on a tactical switch. LOL

thanks guys sorry for the rambling. at work and busy

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could carry the batteries separate until use ;)
Or loosen the tailcap some :)
My Fenix TK11 never came on in my bag or backpack because I'd leave it in the holster during travel.
The Fenix PD31 (if you can find one) takes an 18650 and I believe has ridges like the LD20 to prevent accidental activation and sort of tailstand. There's also new models out like the TK15 and TK21 that Are newer versions of the TK12

redheddedstranger

Newly Enlightened
Could carry the batteries separate until use ;)
Or loosen the tailcap some :)
My Fenix TK11 never came on in my bag or backpack because I'd leave it in the holster during travel.
The Fenix PD31 (if you can find one) takes an 18650 and I believe has ridges like the LD20 to prevent accidental activation and sort of tailstand. There's also new models out like the TK15 and TK21 that Are newer versions of the TK12

i really like the TK-11 bc its simple, bright and tough as a tank (or so they say). i think i have figured out why the emitter popped off the board. i wont go into details but it maybe my fault. i will investigate when i get home. (thinking when i changed the reflectors i didnt screw it in all the way and when it tightened it may have damaged it but this was months ago when i did this change)...