Head that fits a FM 26650

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi
Can anybody suggest a head that fits the copper FM 26650 host - I know of all the P60 heads for drop-ins.
But what I'm after is a bit bigger head for more throw that I could use an SST90/XM-L (or even a SureFire incan head???)
I know P60's can put out a lot of lumen's (got all them), but I'm after a compact thrower - similar idea to the Maelstrom S12 but a bigger dynamiter head.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Last edited:

^Gurthang

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glenn,

I'm assuming you're referring to the FM "C" thread compat host. If so have you looked at the SolarForce Masterpiece Pro turbo heads [Cree XRE-R2 or Cree MCE] ? Lumens Factory also makes a similar P7 turbo head and a mini-turbo head [D36 drop-in format]

^Gurthang

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

daimleramg

Banned
Hi
But what I'm after is a bit bigger head for more throw that I could use an SST90/XM-L (or even a SureFire incan head???)

That to me doesnt make sense, you want a bigger head for more throw but the body accepts P60's. So even if the head is bigger the reflector is the same size. The only other option you have is SolarForces masterpeice head but it doesnt take regular P60's, they will fit in a C body but the drop in is very different. I have that head too.

Now Gurthang mentioned a turbo head that FM makes, I have that head and it is made for his incan P60's with a perfect parabola design. Any other reflectors that do not have a perfect parabola(ie most led reflectors do not have a parabola shape) will not work for a perfect hotspot. I've tried SST-50's and 90's with FM's turbo head and I keep on getting a clover hotspot with lots of artifacts. So now that turbo head is mated with FM's G4 sunlight with a WA1111 and his 2x26500 body.

Although the copper throated concept was great on paper(and pictures), the greatest flaw in his design was to make the body bigger. I have asked him to make the tailcap the same size as the body thinking he would make the tailcap slimmer. But he did the exact opposite, made the body bigger so it is the same diametre as the tailcap. I have one black host and one grey host and I doubt they will see any use.

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the ideas - that KT2 head sounds good - who could do a DD XML tower module for me?

And that FM head might be the go too - I wonder which would throw the best, does anybody know?

I do aprisiate your input.

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
oops just remembered you cant DD an XML they'll go :poof: as they have a lower forward voltage and need a driver - so it might have to be a DD SST50/90 in that KT2 head (if it doesn't melt the stem off the tower).

The KT2 head and the FM turbo head has look about the same dynamiter - but the FM head is VLOP reflector - FM would be the quickest cheapest way.

So if I am reading the FM turbo head thread right, all I need is a P60 drop-in.

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think a SST-50/90 is physically too large to fit thru the bulb opening
in a KT2.
BTW I have a KT2 head with a DD XML Tower, still going strong but I
only use it in short bursts, 10 or so seconds