I want a a high quality flask.

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greetings,

I'm in the market for a hip flask (whiskey), but it has to rock.

My criteria are:

1. Stainless steel
2. 5-8 oz.
3. No crimped bottom or top
4. Captive cap arm
5. No plastic captive cap arm
6. Not round

I've been scouring the internet, and I can't find one of this description.
I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks my fellow members.

shankus

Last edited:

RepProdigious

Enlightened
I just carry a stainless flask from my local liquor store.... No fancy nothing just brushed stainless steel, cost me about 3 bucks. Like this one;
hip20flask.jpg

However, if you want one that rocks you should keep an eye out for something like this;
hipflaskcool.jpg

May however not be as practical because its a bit thicker.....

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does your flask from the liquor store have a plastic captive cap arm, or steel?

Meganoggin

Enlightened
Stanley do a retro flask, unfortunately it misses nearly all your criteria, but I still want one.

Not much help am I?:duh2:

DX have a few at good prices, but I can't comment on the quality.

Let us know if you find a good one.

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found a great one. Got an email from the company, all their flasks are seamless, with metal captive cap arm. Colonel Conk. I love bees, so this one was cool to me.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001XURHQG/?tag=cpf0b6-20

UPDATE:
I'm happy to report that over a week, this flask doesn't leak. I only apply a small bit of torque to the cap, and it seals well. Withstands vigorous shaking and being upside down for extended periods of time.
It's seams are either welded or brazed, and it's cap arm is metal (tested by trying to scratch with a gnife).
Gnife, in my vocabulary, is at least a decent "knife". In this case, a SOG Trident Tanto.

Last edited:

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I have this thing about quality. It sucks at times, because I'm not wealthy. But, only "expensive" liquors will ever be found in it.

My preference is "The Glenlivet", all of which, I think, is minimum 12 year old scotch.

I also like Johnnie Walker Black, the drink of one of my heroes, Christopher Hitchens, and my recent discovery: Wild Turkey Rare Breed, 108.2 proof, which is smoother than any 80 proof spirits I've imbibed to date. I don't know how they pulled that off, unless it's not true. The age is not listed on the bottle, which I consider an admission that it is not aged significantly.

Enjoy them in moderation.

Last edited: