Murder over flashlight patent?

matt_j

Enlightened
I guess yes. I worked the below scene few days back and shooting was so random, weird and horrible that we didn't know what to say but when more details came out it shows that shooter was fired after he designed a flashlight for his boss.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2011/05/19/2011-05-19_si_shooting_vic_now_stable.html

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/...onfrontation_with_nypd_4c0iPFTOeuvyyWiJ2I6IhN

What this world is coming to? Speaking of which... when shootout with shooter started we were taking out a victim and I lost my sf e2d in tight quarters or around the scene somewhere so I'm on the market for one :( Sucks since I had it for few years and got used to it. I guess I got to LED lights forum and ask what's new and cheap.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting. They focus on projecting light out with optics rather than Surefire's deep large reflector methodology. I would like to see their elite lights at the supposed 1200 foot/ 400yd range.

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to see the one that reaches 3 miles away!!!!!

Xacto

Enlightened
[...]What this world is coming to? Speaking of which... when shootout with shooter started we were taking out a victim and I lost my sf e2d in tight quarters or around the scene somewhere so I'm on the market for one :( Sucks since I had it for few years and got used to it. I guess I got to LED lights forum and ask what's new and cheap.

Glad no-one of your fellow officers got hurt. Looking at the articles its no one the gun misfired, looks pretty crappy. Too bad it was able to fire at all.
Is there no chance to go back to the crime scene and look for your light? Maybe someone from your CSI unit (whatever it is called in your PD) found it?

Thanks for pointing us to that article.
Have a safe and quite next shift.

Cheers
Thorsten