How come we hear so little of the Xeno E03 ???????????

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm real curious... no dedicated thread, no review, some pushing from owners to guys looking for good compact lights...

Can anyone backup their claim of 500 lumens on a single 14500??

Are these lights regulated or direct driven?? How's the regulation??

How about runtime??

Are they well made?? solid? good threads??

Sounds like an incredible light for the price, but I'm getting cold feet by the fact that I can't find any info other than their CPFMP page

aivn

Newly Enlightened
I was thinking the same today. May be we should give the early adopters little time ;)

srfreddy

Enlightened
The XML version has a driver that puts 1.5 amps to the emmiter with 14500, so 500 lumens sounds right-the 1.5 amp XML dropin by Thrunite did 460.

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Umm self-built did a review of the Xeno E03 when it was the XP-G version & thought very highly of it considering it's price. The XM-L is brand new so give it a chance to get established.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought he might have, but for some reason the search revealed nothing... I'll try again later and see if I wasn't just cross-eyed when I looked

weez82

Enlightened

mrpink

Newly Enlightened
i have two models in xpg and one in xml. the xpg r5's kick @ss. the nuetral white in the xpg-r5 is SERIOUSLY impressive. they compare to other commonly mentioned leds if not the same birghtness. the threads are top notch, double o rings. springs on both ends. bezel cover[new xm-l models have a SS bezel which is awesome]. anodizing that is ACTUALLY DURABLE. i have the xm-l and it is appears quite dim on nimh's. the throw is affected massively. however in really dark situations its brightness shows more. i havent tried the xml with a 14500 though. they seem to be well made and have a CONSISTENT quality of manufacturing. which gives me confidence. all emitters were centered, as always.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
I'm real curious... no dedicated thread, no review, some pushing from owners to guys looking for good compact lights…

Xeno's at an odd spot in the market. A premium Chinese brand, they are better than many similar brands but they also cost more. It seems the slightly cheaper options are good enough except to those willing pay much more.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be tempted to get one, but I have a modded quark with nuetral XML, a thrunite Nuetron 1a, and a modded Akoray with XML, all running on 14500's
I should sell some as there are redundancies in my choices lol.
:sigh: if I had have been patient buying a couple Xeno's would have been cheaper ;)

bodhran

Enlightened
I bought the Xeno E03 XP-G ww out of curiousity. For the price it a a very nice light and the difuser wand is a must have. I run mine on a 14500 but it's not shabby at all on enloops. Self builts review, already mentioned, is very good.

Last edited:

Thefo

Newly Enlightened
If the quality is anywhere near my Xeno G42 then I'll probably get one of the new ones. I picked the G42 up after reading Patriot's excellent in depth review (before the big forum crash)

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very few XM-L's got delivered so far, I suppose that is the one you are referring to? Those who got them posted a few pictures on the sales threads but do not appear to be reviewers.

Last edited:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
i picked up 2 warm XM-L versions. my mom purse carries one. and the other is now my travel EDC.
very impressive on a 14500 li-ion.
theres plenty of feedback and pics on the dealers thread.
but i agree that this little light deserves more reconigtion

j2k

Newly Enlightened
These are very nice lights. I keep them in the cars. On eneloops I probably prefer the xp-g version, has a brighter hotspot and better throw. On the other hand the floody xml-s are nice all around lights.

The XML versions seem a bit dimmer on eneloop than Thrunite Neutron 1A's. The beem
is also even more floody, because the reflector is shallower.

mrlysle

Enlightened
Where do you guys get the Xeno's? Sorry guys. Found them. Just gettin' a little tired. :) So the general consensus is go for the R5 version if you're gonna feed it Eneloops? XM-L only on 14500's? Anybody tried the XM-l on the new 14505 AA's from batteryJunction?

Last edited:

j2k

Newly Enlightened
So the general consensus is go for the R5 version if you're gonna feed it Eneloops? XM-L only on 14500's? Anybody tried the XM-l on the new 14505 AA's from batteryJunction?

I would say that it depends. I don't think xm-l on eneloop is darker, it just is more floody (much more). If you want a floody light then it's great.

I'm not sure the R5 versions will still be available for purchase - the current batches have xm-l.

mrlysle

Enlightened
Thanks. Yea I noticed on their website they won't be offering anymore neutral versions. Bummer! That's what I for one would liked to have had. maybe I'll go ahead and try a warm, and get a few of the 3v 14505's to feed it.

weez82

Enlightened

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received my Xeno E03 XM-L Neutral yesterday.
My first impression:
- Weak output on primary batteries
- Floody beam
- Beeeeeautiful tint
- Excellent knurling
- Square threads
- SS bezel is a plus
- Although unique, the "2-finger groove" design is an eyesore to me.
- According to specs, runtime on 14500 is short. (IIRC)
- Output between max and med could be better differentiated.

All in all, good value for money. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody tried the XM-l on the new 14505 AA's from batteryJunction?

I am using a 14505 in my neutral XM-L red X03. Works great, and isn't direct drive like a 14500 (3V still under the led's forward voltage). Because of that, it will maintain regulation at all levels nicely, and you actually keep the respective levels. I love the floodiness of this emitter, and the X03 can gobble any battery chemistry you have on hand. I use nimh for around the house, but the 14505 if EDCing. I like the fact that this light is different - color, shape, led type, tint, etc.