Possible problem with Jetbeam light

Cole07

Enlightened
Just got my BA20 Saturday and after messing with it after I got home from school today I noticed it getting excessively warm. Is it normal for the tail cap and body to be as warm as the head if I run it for about two minutes? I mean the whole light is way hot not just the head where the LED is. Should I be concerned that it is getting hot all the way back to the tail cap? I have had it get this hot since I got it but maybe I am mistaken and just wasn't paying attention. Right now it is runnning 2 Rayovac Alkalines that are a little old but work fine other than they are also very hot when I pull them out of the light after prolonged use. It seems that maybe the batteries are getting hot and causing the problem but I do not know. Anyone have any input? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

mrlysle

Enlightened
It shouldn't be hot like that. It indicates to me a high resistance connection. (resistance to current flow) The first thing I would do is take it apart and thoroughly clean it. (all contact points) Maybe there's some residue from manufacturing left that needs removed. Double check your batteries and make sure there isn't a problem there. Maybe even try it with new/different ones to be sure. Make sure when you put it back together, you get the tailcap tight. And make sure the switch itself is tight in the tailcap.