Flashlights in Bangkok?

Driver609

Newly Enlightened
This is a little off the cuff and maybe a bit inane, but does anyone know of good places to go shopping in Bangkok where I may be able to pick up some LED goodness? I'm off over there for a couple of weeks, thought I mught have a look round, thought they might have some of the Chinese lights and copies and stuff to play with.

A bit left of field, but what they hey, that's what forums are for!

SmokeSerpent

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for bringing back an old thread, but I'm flying over on Saturday and only know about E-Tank Store. I know ordering online is probably cheaper, but I like going to an actual store and checking them out personally. Any leads to stores I should visit?

Hiroaki067

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for bringing back an old thread, but I'm flying over on Saturday and only know about E-Tank Store. I know ordering online is probably cheaper, but I like going to an actual store and checking them out personally. Any leads to stores I should visit?
Well, I'm not resident but frequently visit Thailand so I figured I'd chime in..

TANK Store has 3 physical stores at shopping malls: Central World, Emporium and Amarin Plaza.
they display a fairly extensive collections of Surefire, Fenix and few Petzl, the price is about 20% higher than in USA(still cheaper than here in Japan, though).
Also, there is a store called Unagun in the Amarin Plaza close to TANK, they have limited selections of OLight and Streamlight and some others I recall, again slightly more expensive.
For no-brand chinese lights, several shops on MBK Center or some random stalls on the Sukhumvit road sells them.
I'm not sure about the price but you might be able to negotiate with shop owner about that.

SmokeSerpent

Newly Enlightened
Well, I'm not resident but frequently visit Thailand so I figured I'd chime in..

TANK Store has 3 physical stores at shopping malls: Central World, Emporium and Amarin Plaza.
they display a fairly extensive collections of Surefire, Fenix and few Petzl, the price is about 20% higher than in USA(still cheaper than here in Japan, though).
Also, there is a store called Unagun in the Amarin Plaza close to TANK, they have limited selections of OLight and Streamlight and some others I recall, again slightly more expensive.
For no-brand chinese lights, several shops on MBK Center or some random stalls on the Sukhumvit road sells them.
I'm not sure about the price but you might be able to negotiate with shop owner about that.

Thanks for the heads up! Prices here in Manila are a bit higher than us prices (Customs and duties are the reasons cited by shop owners) but selection locally is limited to SureFire, Fenix, and Nitecore. I'm definitely going to make time and check out the places you mentioned!

Latest posts