Strongest LED Flashlight ever made USING WITH ENELOOP AA or AAA ?

agoston.berko

Newly Enlightened
I'm searching for the strongest LED Flashlight ever made USING WITH ENELOOP AA or AAA ? Size & Prize & Battery-count not matters ! Only LUMEN ! :devil:

agoston.berko

Newly Enlightened
i found Fenix TK45. it looks cool but that's maybe to big for me (8 AA batteries too much!).
so maybe i make a limit for battery count: 4xAA or 4xAAA

i found something more pleasant: Solarforce L2i R2 Cree
now that's my caliber (only 3xAAA)

Last edited:

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
There have been pics of a new 4xAA Jetbeam with an XML emitter floating around... it's supposed to do 400 lumens out the front.

d337944

Enlightened
Guys,

I used a Solarforce L2 host with two additional 18650 extenders to fit 4 x AA Eneloops (available as a "pack" from solarforce-sales.com for cheap)! I then added a potted Nailbender XM-L 2.8 A drop-in.

What I got was extremely bright output (rated at 600 lumen I believe by Nailbender), in a slimline body that's great to hold and not too long, and with 4 x AA Eneloops I have great runtimes!

I've done a 30 minute continuous run on high mode with my setup standing on a table top facing the ceiling (i.e. not holding it) ... it pretty much kept its brightness the whole time! I stopped it after 30 minutes as I only wanted to test the capabilities of the Eneloops ... the whole setup was pretty hot, but after a little while of cooling off I turned it on again and it ran perfectly without any issues. 'Till this day this setup has been bright, reliable, and cheap to run!

I love this setup! Give it a try! :thumbsup:

Cheers,
d337944

Last edited:

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with Siliconti. I have the TK45, and it really only takes a few seconds to swap the batteries out. I really like mine a lot.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix TK41 or D cell maglite with the 3 AA to D cell adapter and a fusion36 on a 2d will run 800ish lumens. There are multi XML emitter mag dropins too.
ROP mod on a maglite is 1000 lumens 6 nimh aa batteries. A triple XML would be way brighter

JCup

Newly Enlightened
Fenix TK41 is the simple answer, 8 AA cells, 800 lumens, $130 dollars.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on the TK41

but you could build a custom maglite that would be much brighter (but less throw).
Some examples:

- Der Wichtel tri XML dropin in quad bored 3D maglite with 12AA holder

- Mac's 3300L dropin in stock 2D maglite with 6AA holder.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
i found Fenix TK45. it looks cool but that's maybe to big for me (8 AA batteries too much!).
so maybe i make a limit for battery count: 4xAA or 4xAAA

i found something more pleasant: Solarforce L2i R2 Cree
now that's my caliber (only 3xAAA)
Fenix LD40 Cree XP-G R4 Neutral White LED Flashlight - 4xAA model.
The neutral white LED has less blue, produces better colour rendition especially with plants outside.
Fenix has dealers everywhere. Look for one in your country.

AAA batteries have a lot less power.
800 mAH for AAA LSD NiMH like Eneloop.
2000 mAH for AA.
AAA would only give you 40% the runtime of AA.
Since you want the strongest flashlight get the strongest batteries also.
The L2i is brighter than the L2R because 2AA do not have enough voltage to drive LEDs properly. Look at 3AA or 4AA torches.

-

I bought a Dorcy 41-4750 180 Lumen 4AA LED at Sears Canada for less than $25 + tax.
If you pay more than this make sure you get proportionately more lumens.

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
TK45 if you want a super bright, superb tint, softly floody light... About 800 lumens on eight AA Eneloops. This light has a somewhat odd look with the three heads, but the proof is in the pudding, not the mix.... The light beam and color tint it provides is magnificent indeed!

if you want more of a thrower, not so floody, the TK41 is the choice. This light uses the XM-L emitter, so you are potentially subject to tint lottery green, although many TK41s don't have a greenish tint.

yliu

Enlightened
I have the M7, which uses 4xAAA instead of the 4xAA in the M14. While it is bright, it's not near as bright as my TK45.

john-paul

Newly Enlightened
Napalm, where other than Ebay are the Xeno cubes available? I'm intrigued by them. I love single AA & AAA lights, but paying $10 for economy shipping just frosts my keister. Honestly if they were listed for $89 with Free shipping instead of $79-$10 shipping. I would have less of a problem...I ain't right, I already know that.

Sorry for the thread Jack: PM me if you wish.

Napalm

Enlightened
Napalm, where other than Ebay are the Xeno cubes available? I'm intrigued by them. I love single AA & AAA lights, but paying $10 for economy shipping just frosts my keister. Honestly if they were listed for $89 with Free shipping instead of $79-$10 shipping. I would have less of a problem...I ain't right, I already know that.

Here, shipping included:

http://www.illuminationgear.com/

I know I'll regret it later as you guys will jump and order all the neutral ones before I can get mine.... :sick2:

Nap.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Humm you said Lumens, so that tosses out my standard answer .... Laser Pointer (if you had said brightest).

Napalm

Enlightened
Thank you!! Neutral XM-L on it's way.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was fearing.... Fortunately I've secured one too :devil:

But since we're at AA bright lights... there's this new Sunwayman M40A XM-L 600 lumens 4xAA light... since I don't want to contemplate the "Add to Cart" button being replaced with an "Out of Stock" one in the next few hours.... I'll keep mum about it... :sssh:

Nap.

Last edited: