Beam of G2Z vs M2

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I know both the G2Z and M2 use the P60 and P61 lamp assemblies. On the M2 the LA sits back further than in the G2Z. The question is what does that do for the beam. That has to make some difference between the G2Z and the M2.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Yes, under some conditions, the M2's beam can have a more clearly defined edge, and the surround beam can be a bit brighter. Perhaps the M2 beam overall can appear to be a bit brighter. Maybe this is due to the smaller beam (total area) causing you to concentrate a bit more on the main beam centre?

I wouldn't consider the difference to be important during use.

Al

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would agree with Al's comments. It the reason they put a black border on screens with a defined edge it draws your eyes in giving the perception that it is brighter.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just compared mine & except for the fact that the G2Z puts out a larger circle of light, there's no noticeable difference. TX

nihraguk

Enlightened
i was just wondering...if the M2 is left on long enough, will the heat melt or deform the rubber shock-absorbing cushion in the bezel?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Never in my experience has the Neoprene been damaged by heat in any SureFire of mine, nor I has it ever been mentioned online (that I've read).

Al

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
However, if FC were to be useing it in his line of work & dropped it in a rather intense fire, you might get a meltdown........other than that, you're pretty safe. :>) TX