poor man's 3x123s to 2d conversion for M*G lite

stephenanderson2

Newly Enlightened
poor man\'s 3x123s to 2d conversion for M*G lite

I went to ace hardware and got two pieces of tubing for the 123s. I cut the small tubing a little shorter than the battery so that the ends would touch when put together. then I took the larger tubing and cut it lengthwise. I inserted the 3 123s in the in the large tubing and cut the large tubing a little longer than the 3 123s in series. Inserted the tubing into a 2d maglite, streched the spring about a half an inch and screwed it all together.
To finish: insert one 6d magnum star and turn head. Do not look into beam!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

I'd put up pics if someone can explain how to post them.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: poor man\'s 3x123s to 2d conversion for M*G lit

That doesn't sound like a poor man's conversion. It sounds first class. Congratulations. For a little extra fun try using a Mag 5-cell light or a KPR-112 from Radio Shack for an overdrive experience.

Paul

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast

Can this be done with a 2C Mag body? I figure it'd be lighter, do the C and D Mags use the same bulbs?

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sure. They use the same bulbs. For using the 3x123 configuration, instead of stretching the spring for the 2D, it helps to cut and bend the spring for the 2C. Lot's of links on this. Here's one.

Paul

Latest posts