AAA Flashlight for Mom

Dank

Newly Enlightened
I just got back from walking the canine. That was my excuse for using for playing with my new Fenix e21 and hp-10 headlight in the dark streets of San Francisco at 10pm. Now I feel I need to get my mom a light to use when she walks the dog at night. Do you guys have any suggestions for a AAA powered flashlight. What lights have you bought for your wives? So far I've looked at the Fenix e01(linked below). What are some similar lights?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001GAOO6Y/?tag=cpf0b6-20

-Daniel

Jackasper

Enlightened
Can't go wrong with the Fenix. You might also look at, ITP A3 EOS upgrade. It's a tad bit small, more of a keychain light, but then most AAA lights are. Just a thought, I got my wife a P5 lenser. Single cell AA, easy operation and throws quite well with its focus. Usually under $30.
:welcome:
BTW, I use my HP 10 daily, a great headlamp for sure ...

Last edited:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Unless it is a suprise gift I would research how she would use a light. For walking a dog a 1AAA light is less than optimal IMO a 1AA would be more suitable with more output and runtime and would be easier to find in a cluttered purse than a 1AAA. I go for walks with a 2AA light but it is an older one using a luxeon 3 emitter.

Z-Tab

Enlightened
I agree that AA is a better choice than AAA for dog walking, more run-time and AA batteries are way more common than AAA. Xeno E03 would be my AA suggestion, and you can get it in red or blue, so it's easier to spot. If it's got to be AAA, I would suggest the 4sevens Preon for the same reason, but with a clicky tailcap to make it a bit easier to use.

john-paul

Newly Enlightened
I just gave my mom a 4sevens Quark Mini AA² to use when she walks her dog. It's big enough too not get easily misplaced and small enough too not get heavy or in the way. She has the lanyard attatched and hangs it by the door for an easy grab on the way out.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got my mom a Xeno E03 XM-L warm tint with red finish. It has a UI of M-L-H. which is perfect for her, since the first click on medium is bright enough for walking, and its not too bad on battery life.
its floody, and doesnt glare too much because of the warm tint.

before that she has a single mode twisty. and i would notice her fumbling around with it.

the Fenix E05 might work well too. I have one on my keys. single mode twisty. i would recommend trying to get the R5 version for more brightness, and flood.

bansuri

Enlightened
My wife likes her Peak Eiger level 6 in aluminum. Super lightweight and just bright enough for her uses.
She doesn't use it much so I throw a fresh Eneloop in every couple months.