• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Ti EDC SST-50

Gary123

Enlightened
My lovely little Mac is for sale. Mint condition. I sent it back to Mac to replace a bad switch and he refinished it. There are no dings, scratches or marks on this one. 1.4A, 4500K (neutral tint).

I have had both the 1.4 and the 2.8. I got rid of the 2.8 long ago. Very small output difference to the eye on high, the 1.4 gets too hot to hold after 5 minutes (never mind the 2.8), imr's are needed to for max on the 2.8, and runtime is short enough on 1.4.

$270 Now $260 + 4% for paypal. I will pay CONUS shipping with delivery confirmation.

Post here if interested, but also best to pm me.

macedc.jpg

Last edited:

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Mac Ti EDC SST-50 Price Drop

Bump again for a nice light - I had the warm tint (2.8) in Al & Ti - lisantica wanted to try the warm tint so I got a cool tint. The warm (really neutral at 4500K) is really very very nice. I didn't fully appreciate it until in a completely dark closed industrial facility - the cool tint gives no depth perception. Kind of scary when you are in an industrial facility you don't know. Sold the cool in Al. So warm in Ti is the way to go. I''ve got the 2.8 version - yeah run time is about 15 minutes on the 16340 imrs. And yes at 2.8 amps that one can get HOT in 5 minutes.

I recently got Mac's tri-edc and you know I think I prefer the SST-50. These are nice lights & Mac's machining is second to no one.

swtws6

Newly Enlightened

Buy the sst-50 and maybe I'll buy your tri-edc from you, nfetterly!! Which one do you have?

easilyled

Flashaholic

This is a great price and I'm very surprised its still here.
They originally cost $330 with clips like this one and even then that was very reasonable for a Ti custom light made by one of the supreme builders here on CPF.
The 1.4A level is almost as bright as the 2.8A since the cell is too small to sustain that kind of current for more than a few seconds and I suspect the regulation and runtime is superior.

Barbarian

Enlightened

This is a tremendous price for such a great light. I definitely concur that 1.4 amps and 4500k tint is the way to go with these lights. I sold all of my 2.8 and/or 6500k lights to go exclusively with this set up.

I EDC this exact light (sans the clip) at work and have never looked back. Someone will pick up a great light and bargain here.

Gary123

Enlightened

I'm surprised too. 1.4A is the proper choice for this light. I had this conversation with Milky and he would also pick the 1.4 over the 2.8. I think sometimes people put too much emphasis on lumens. nfetterly correctly observed that vision is improved under the warmer tints. I've compared cool lights with warm lights and I see better and more detail with warm. Don't quote me on this, but it is almost as if two lights will provide equivalent illumination where one is 40% brighter and 2,000K cooler, because of the enhanced vision due to the warmer tint. I've also had conversations with Gene Malkoff on cool vs warm. He has received reports from law enforcement and military personnel that after several minutes (I think this is more for mid and short range distances), use of a cool light produces eye strain and headaches, but he doesn't get such reports from warm beams. Isn't that interesting?

Last edited:

Gary123

Enlightened

Payment received. Will try to get this out today.

Thanks

3:45 has now been mailed

Last edited:

mikegebbia

Newly Enlightened

Gary,

Hi, I received the SST-50 1.4a Ti light today....Very nice....

Unfortunately I purchased the wrong battery, I bought a 18350 Re-Chargeable and its too fat...

What re-chargeable battery is recommended for the 1.4a ??

In the meantime can a non-rechargeable CR123A be used ???

Thanks

Mike