Coleman Online Outlet Store!

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went to Coleman.com to buy a couple of those cool $10 remote control 4D "kid's" lanterns they make, and ventured into the "On-Line Outlet Store." There's a link along the right edge of the home page, down toward the bottom, or you can save some time and jump straight to the flashlight page over here.

They have some interesting lights! Such as a collapsible 4AA lantern (the globe drops into the body for compact storage) and a bunch of aluminum lights. There's a 1aaa aluminum light with rubber grip that's just screaming to be modded. Also a nice aluminum flashlight with one of those body tubes that extends to become a lantern. Some of this stuff is priced extremely low! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wasn't sure where to post this link, so I thought I'd tell you about it in the Cafe for now. Administrators, feel free to relocate this thread to a different section of CPF as appropriate. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

K A

Enlightened
I don't have to goto the Online Outlet store where I live. I can just mosey on downtown and goto the real Coleman Factory Outlet Store/Museum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you happen to know if the stores are the same price as the website? I'm contemplating making a trip to the local outlet malls for some new mod hosts. Thanks

-Mike

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never been in a physical Coleman Outlet store. K A, do you know how prices in the physical stores compare to the website?

K A

Enlightened
I honestly have not been in the Outlet store in quite a while. As I have no need for camping supplies. I could go down and look I suppose if people were interested.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just called them to get a shipping quote and it was around 4.95 base rate. It looks like it would be worth the 15 minute drive as shipping wouldn't be cost efficient unless you purchased a number of lights.

-Mike

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shipping... yup. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif But it seems to be a fixed cost. I was going to order 2 lanterns from them and shipping was $5.95. Then I added 2 more flashlights, and shipping was STILL $5.95. So if you can justify buying a few, the shipping makes much more sense. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif