• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: Custom Maglite switch seals (rubber-like buttons)?

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

I guess this is a WTB topic though if the mods feel this is the wrong place feel free to nudge me somewhere else...like I have a choice anyway haha.

The rubber-ish switch seal - the bit you press to turn the flashlight on and off (der :duh2:) are these available anywhere in colours other than black? Anyone making them by chance?

Painting them is an option but that would wear fast. Maybe automotive upholstery paint would do the trick?

So yeah sorry for being a bit blunt. Just not sure how else to ask the question!!

Any insight would be fantastic.

- Matt

Last edited:

netprince

Enlightened
That thread is the closest I have ever seen to a custom mag switch seal. I wouldn't mind finding some glow in the dark ones.

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I ever come up with something I'll post it back here. At the moment I'm hoping the 16mm silicone tail caps sold by Shiningbeam fit. I emailed them asking where the 16mm measurement is taken from and the reply was

The diameter of the tail caps is measured from the end (raised part).

'Raised part' to me means the knurled bit, so not the lip around the outside, though I could be wrong. Add roughly 2mm to account for this and the tail cap is 18mm across which by my measurements is a perfect fit for Maglites. Pitty they're only $2 and shipping to Australia is another $7. I might 'have' to buy something else from them to make it worth my while :p

Does anyone have experience with these tail caps and can clarify the size???

EDIT: Dodgy, but this is a start. Might put some stuff up in the homemade section.

Last edited:

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
After a lot more mucking around I'm nearly ready to cast my own GITD knurled maglite switch cover. Soooo close. Took me 7 throw out molds mind you lol.

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
FFS what is going on with these forums? They keep locking up around 9pm Australian EST. *Sigh*.

I have found the right polyurethane to use and the correct pigment as well. I'm finishing up a test and then will post in the home made section and see if anyone likes what I've come up with!

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
FFS what is going on with these forums? They keep locking up around 9pm Australian EST. *Sigh*.

I have found the right polyurethane to use and the correct pigment as well. I'm finishing up a test and then will post in the home made section and see if anyone likes what I've come up with!

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast

Here I was thinking it was just me...

If you get a GITD one happening, I'd be keen.

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you get a GITD one happening, I'd be keen.

Yeah I figure that GITD would be popular. Saberwolf had something going on long before I joined these forums but his sales thread seems to have just run out of gas. I'd be happy to pick up the mantle but I certainly won't be promising as much as he was. Plus I have no experience in this field at all and I'm learning as I go, so I won't be showing anything until I feel it's perfect - aka, as good as the original switch seals (but better of course).