Calling Eagle Tac representatives on the MX25L2

chipdouglas

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I know there are a few ET reps on here, but I can't seem to recall their nicknames.
I'm seriously looking at the light in the video below. Do you have a ballpark on the pricing ? When is it coming out ? In the 2011 ET catalog it says 1500+ ANSI lumens, do we know exactly how many lumens ?

I'm interested in the turbo model shown towards the end of that video, with the larger reflector.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBz-WrbnCaY

Thanks

Craig K

Enlightened
That MX25L2 with the big turbo head looks like it is going to be a beast.

chipdouglas

Newly Enlightened
That MX25L2 with the big turbo head looks like it is going to be a beast.

Hopefully that beast is about to hit the market. It looks like it's going to be competition to Olight's SR90 - same LED, big reflector...we'll see.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
The light is in the EagleTac catalog here: http://www.eagletac-usa.com/docs/EagleTacCatalog2011v1.pdf
The link was broken on their web page so I had a hard time finding it.

It uses two 32650 cells. I assume those would need to be LiMn or LiMnNi cells as opposed to LiCo cells? I have not spent any time looking but I am not sure who sells a 32650. Perhaps it will come with batteries onboard?

Edit: I just looked at the catalog again and it says the light is rechargeable so there is no need to buy batteries for it.

Edit2: 1500+ ANSI lumens. crazy. I hope it really does that. That would be more than the SR90 which does about 1400 at the 3 minute mark.

Last edited:

chipdouglas

Newly Enlightened
The light is in the EagleTac catalog here: http://www.eagletac-usa.com/docs/EagleTacCatalog2011v1.pdf
The link was broken on their web page so I had a hard time finding it.

It uses two 32650 cells. I assume those would need to be LiMn or LiMnNi cells as opposed to LiCo cells? I have not spent any time looking but I am not sure who sells a 32650. Perhaps it will come with batteries onboard?

Edit: I just looked at the catalog again and it says the light is rechargeable so there is no need to buy batteries for it.

Edit2: 1500+ ANSI lumens. crazy. I hope it really does that. That would be more than the SR90 which does about 1400 at the 3 minute mark.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

uknewbie

Banned
Yes I too want to know about this light, just what I am looking for.

From what I read the SR90 is more like 1200 ansi.

Come on Eagletac, let's hear it.

chipdouglas

Newly Enlightened
Here's an email response I got from Illumination Gear - looks like I'm going to have to look elsewhere so far as getting a big light is concerned.

Illumination Gear doesn't think the MX25L2 will be out until after summer.
Eagle Tac is getting close to releasing the D series, and then followed hopefully by the GX SX series by end of summer...
A guess would be after summer time?

Last edited:

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
too bad. I guess it makes sense to get all the mass market lights out before the lower volume huge thrower. The D series reminds me of the quarks and quark minis. The SX line seems totally redundant with their current M3C4 line. perhaps the SX will replace the M3C4?

chipdouglas

Newly Enlightened
too bad. I guess it makes sense to get all the mass market lights out before the lower volume huge thrower. The D series reminds me of the quarks and quark minis. The SX line seems totally redundant with their current M3C4 line. perhaps the SX will replace the M3C4?

Yeah, too bad it is. I agree on the SX line. I'll look elsewhere for this summer's big light, but luckily there are other options to choose from, at least there will soon be.

lebox97

Enlightened
actually the GX and SX will be nothing like the current M3 or older M2 series...
I helped them design it - for LEO Duty use...
and that's all I'm saying for the time being :devil:

Tod

... The SX line seems totally redundant with their current M3C4 line. perhaps the SX will replace the M3C4?

uknewbie

Banned
That is the first I have seen the picture from the catalog, looks pretty compact for what it is!

I wish companies would release prototype pictures and actual release dates.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
actually the GX and SX will be nothing like the current M3 or older M2 series...
I helped them design it - for LEO Duty use...
and that's all I'm saying for the time being :devil:

Tod

You have peaked my curiosity. Do tell more when you can.

I'll be seeing them this Saturday, I'll bring this up and see if I can get some answers.

You'd like to know
-pricing
-availability
-total output
-battery situation

Anything else?

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll be seeing them this Saturday, I'll bring this up and see if I can get some answers.

You'd like to know
-pricing
-availability
-total output
-battery situation

Anything else?

I'd like to know ANSI lumens and Lux levels. I'd also like to know when they are going to fix/update their "low rent" web site.

chipdouglas

Newly Enlightened
Indeed, their website needs to be brought up-to-date - I'm not sure why they let this happen in the first place.