I cant understand Zebralights U.I.... Help...

mparker

Newly Enlightened
I just got a SC50w today... I tossed a batt in it and started playing around...

I think I understand the layout...

Mode 1 (High)
-Custom setting
-Custom setting
Mode 2 (Med)
-Custom setting
-Custom setting
Mode 3 (Low)
-Custom setting
-Custom setting

Anyhow i am having problems storing/saving modes and navigating between everything...

It seems like sometimes when I double click it thinks I long click...

Thanks everyone for the help...

I would like to set up my light to be like this...

Mode 1 (High) Brightest
Mode 2 (Med) Brightest of the 2 Med settings
Mode 3 (Low) Lowest of the low settings

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight UI:

1) you have 2 choices of brightness levels for each mode (3 total modes). When you are in that mode, a quick double click will change to the other brightness level and the light will remember the one you selected.

from off:
2) A quick click will turn the light on to the high mode (which ever of the high modes you programmed the light to remember)
3) A slow click will turn the light on to the low mode (which ever of the low modes you programmed the light to remember)
4) Two quick clicks will get the light to medium mode (which ever of the low modes you programmed the light to remember)
Press and hold will cycle through the light levels

When on:
5) A quick click turns the light off
6) A press and hold will cycle through the brightness levels always starting with low. (in other words to get to low from high, hold the button until you get low)
7) When on any brightness level a quick "double click" will go to the sub brightness level and the light will remember that level (this is the same as my step 1)

When you are on high mode, you can do 4 (or 6 can't remember) quick clicks to access the strobe. It will save the strobe mode so you will have to go back to high and do the quick clicks again to get rid of strobe if you want to hide the strobe again.

grahamtdi

Newly Enlightened
If you want to see a demo of this watch a goingprepaired video on youtube.

Chrisdm

Enlightened
It seems overly complicated at first but once you get the hang of it there isn't a better UI... It just allows you to go right to the brightness you want without having to cycle through modes.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys, the OP is talking about the SC50w, not SC51w. SC50w does not remember the last mode used on the high output settings. It will always start on the lower mode in high and you need to do a fast double click on high to get it to change to the higher output. There's only two output levels in high and not six like what you have in the SC51 series. That is when on is operating with 14500 rechargeable.

With AA alkaline or NiMH the high mode would be high output on H1 and on H2 a 2 Hz strobe.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys, the OP is talking about the SC50w, not SC51w. SC50w does not remember the last mode used on the high output settings.

good point. it depends on how old his would be. My SC50+ does remember.

There's only two output levels in high and not six like what you have in the SC51 series. That is when on is operating with 14500 rechargeable.

You lost me on that one. All my "modern" zebralights have only 2 high levels or a strobe to choose from while my "older" zebralights have one high level and a strobe. My "modern" zebralights do have 6 overall light levels and a strobe while my "old" SC50+ only has 5 overall light levels and a strobe.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
good point. it depends on how old his would be. My SC50+ does remember.

You lost me on that one. All my "modern" zebralights have only 2 high levels or a strobe to choose from while my "older" zebralights have one high level and a strobe. My "modern" zebralights do have 6 overall light levels and a strobe while my "old" SC50+ only has 5 overall light levels and a strobe.

What I have mentioned in my previous post was based on memory from the SC50w+ which I used to own previously. Unless Zebralight has made any changes, the below information is what I recall.

When using 14500 Li-Ion, the SC50+ can memorize the last user settings only in both Low and Med. There is no memory to remember the last setting for High. The light would always default to 122 lumen and if the user wants to get to 193 lumen he would have to do a double click to change it. This is if you are running it on 14500 battery.

You mentioned five output levels plus strobe, this only applies when using AA alkaline or NiMH as I have stated in my previous post. Same thing, the SC50+ memorize the last output used on both Low and Med On High the light defaults to 122 lumen and double clicking would switch it to a 2Hz strobe. Below is an extract from Zebralight's website pertaining to the SC50+.

Light Output (Out The Front)

AA (alkaline/NiMH/lithium, runtimes based on Sanyo 2700mAh NiMH)
High:********122 Lm*(2.3 hrs)** *or* 2Hz strobe
Medium:**** 41 Lm (10.5 hrs)* or* 21 Lm (21.4 hrs)
Low:*********** 5 Lm (4 days)**** or*0.7 Lm (22 days)

High:******** 193 Lm or 122 Lm
Medium:***** 41 Lm*or 21 Lm
Low:************* 5 Lm or 0.7 Lm

Double click at any level to toggle and select*between the two sub-levels for that mode.*Medium and Low sub-level selections*are memorized after the light is turned off and through battery changes. Strobe selection is not memorized.

Now to the newer SC51 series. It is pretty similar to SC50+ except it has more sub levels on the high output. H1 is a fixed 200 lumen but H2 comes with 100 lumen, 140 lumen, and a 4Hz strobe. The SC51 does remember the last mode used on high.