ITP A3 EOS - split ring

ps56k

Enlightened
We have a couple of ITP A3 EOS lights in the house; all on our keyrings. Somehow had a few very small split rings that fit the tiny hole, and then were in turn attached to the real keyring. One of these tiny rings has "sprung" open... caught on a pocket and opened it up.
So - was looking around for a replacement. Local ACE had small rings, but still not quite thin enough to make it thru the tiny hole.
Any other sources ?

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
So - was looking around for a replacement. Local ACE had small rings, but still not quite thin enough to make it thru the tiny hole.
Any other sources ?

I purchase split rings at the fishing department of several sporting goods stores, including Bass Pro Shop, Farm & Fleet, Gander Mountain, Cabelas, Sportmart, etc. The larger the store, the more variety of sizes they carry.

Last edited:

tbenedict

Enlightened
With the small nub the A3 has, one of those fishing clips might work well (forgot what they are called, operate like a safety pin).

Quest4fire

Enlightened
I purchase split rings at the fishing department of several sporting goods stores, including Bass Pro Shop, Farm & Fleet, Gander Mountain, Cabelas, Sportmart, etc. The larger the store, the more variety of sizes they carry.

I do too. Split rings used for fishing are more durable and are usually rated in pounds as to the weight/equivalent they can withstand. It makes it less likely you will loose your light!

ps56k

Enlightened
tnx for the info -
tried Walmart, but they didn't have any... just the usual barrel swivels and the safety pin type clasps.
Will have to try ****s, Gander, etc -

ps56k

Enlightened
well - finally found them...
Tried Ace Hardware, no luck, and nothing small enough at the "key area".
Tried Home Depot - same -
then, based on some suggestions here, tried Bass Pro Shop -

YUP - found them -
a whole rack of various sizes... usually for attaching to lures.

I picked up the #3 size - 25 rings for $2.69 -
and it worked fine for the ITP A3 - as a connector to a normal keyring.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
well - finally found them...
...based on some suggestions here, tried Bass Pro Shop -
YUP - found them -
a whole rack of various sizes... usually for attaching to lures.

Glad you found he split rings you sought.

lightguy7

Newly Enlightened
If you look closely at the split ring, you will notice that there is short section of single wire. This is where the flashlight rests. Two wires will not fit through the hole. If you are trying to fit a normal split ring on to your light, trim back one of the wire ends.

jaegerhund

Newly Enlightened
Hello all --- my first post here. I appreciate the contributions of the members as I've learned a great deal.

For anyone looking for a replacement split ring for the ITP A3 EOS and not sure of the correct size, a spit ring with an O.D. of about 3/8" (9-10 mm) and a wire thickness of 0.040" (1.0 mm) or less should do. I found some quality split rings for lures off of Ebay of this size and they did the trick. I think they are rated for 60 pound test.

I hope this can help someone and once again, thanks for this great site. Have a good one.

cistallus

Enlightened
jaegerhund, :welcome:
Good first post, providing actual data for the subject under discussion. May you become a flashaholic extraordinaire! :thumbsup:

jaegerhund

Newly Enlightened
Thank you Cistallus for the warm welcome. I'm glad I could offer something of value. :)