Deep Rebel Mag Mod information advise please.

ljw2k

Enlightened
Hi all and i need some advise on a maglite please ...........

I am wanting to do the same mod as a standard Maglite and my question is the 3W Led maglite has a deeper reflector than a standard maglite so would i have to use the original plastic reflector and cut the cam the same way as a standard mag.

I have also been using the H2AA Heatsinks and will these still do the job as i believe that the threads on the mags body are shorter than a standard maglite please advise.

Last edited:

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
H22a sink is fine, just need to grind away the rim & have it recessed in by about 10mm for the deep rebel smo,
which means you'll have less room for driver, but either regular or rebel mag body are fine, they are only a few mm difference.

ljw2k

Enlightened
How would i fix the heatsink in place ... > Thermal Glue ?

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I built my P7 Mag with rebel reflector I just used an angle grinder to take the lip off the heat sink and test fit it until it slid in the body tightly. I then took a piece of 3/4" PVC pipe and a hammer to push it down the body a little. No glue on mine but I did use heat sink paste and it fit great without moving.

ljw2k

Enlightened
Ok i can do that but what if you need to get the heatsink out to change the driver or alike.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Loosen the switch, slide it down the tube enough to see the wires soldered from the switch to the driver and cut them with small side cutters. That's how I've done it with mine. You can then slide the switch out the bottom and use 3/4" PVC pipe to push the heat sink out the top once the switch is removed.