Brightest budget light for nieces

Bronze

Newly Enlightened
Need some advice looking for the brightest budget. Light for my nieces has to be Inexspensive for loss or damage purposes not longer than 5 1/2 inches any advice would be helpfull thanks

SirJohn

Newly Enlightened
I assume you want AA or AAA lights since you are giving them to your nieces. However, most 2xaa lights are a tad longer than 5.5 inches. What is your max budget? You could always do the Solarforce L2i with Xp-G drop-in. On 3xaaa, it really is pretty bright, but 3xaaa isn't the most convenient format. ITP A2 or A3 would fit the bill and the A3 comes in girl friendly colors.

Last edited:

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did they say say "I want a real flashlight uncle"

If they haven't said that, have you gone to 7-11 and seen all the 5mm LED cluster lights powered from three AAA's ? They have them anodized in all kinds of colors and metallic sheens or printed with hearts and teddy bears kind of thing. All for under $8

I wouldn't be caught dead with one, but for a bunch of giggly girls, yea I'd get them one. Who knows some day they will say "Uncle, I want a real flashlight"

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
How old are they? Are they old enough to use a twisty and not eat small parts of the light?

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
How old are they? Are they old enough to use a twisty and not eat small parts of the light?
I was wondering this too.... are they adults that need a light for a purse, are you looking for a keychain light, or are they little kids?? Check out the Fenix E01, its cheap, bombproof, and has a good runtime.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Are they old enough

- and mature enough -

to NOT shine 'em in each others' eyes ? ? ?

Hey, how about a couple Mini-Maglites ?

Available in some colors, too.

And, if they DO manage to lose it . . . .

wouldn't be a BIG deal.

BTW -- you REALLY should have told us their AGE(s) in the first post !

:tsk:
_