that's it...I'm sellin everything I own on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: that\'s it...I\'m sellin everything I own on Ebay

logical..You know that everyone on eBay doesn't know right from wrong. I've got a dozen stories where I was the seller and the buyer paid more than retail because they got caughtup in a bidding frenzy.

Marty

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

Guys, don't say everyone, okay? I am an eBay buyer. If I am looking for something, and I think the price is reasonable (buy it now), I will likely buy it. If it is a regular auction, I only bid to the point that I think is reasonable (and can afford).

Granted, many DO get caught up in a bidding war. Computer memory dutch auctions are a good example of this.
rolleyes.gif

That's the way auctions work.

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior

I agree w/ Charles. Auctions, even virtual, can be exciting. My family has learned that we have to set a maximum price and then stick with it, or less
smile.gif
Sometimes you shake your head and say 'I can't believe they spent so much for that.'
Sometimes you shake your head and say 'I can't believe I got such a great buy.'
The funny thing is, is that both things are said about the same Item.
One other comment--I see alot of people complaining about ebay and PayPal fees. It is part of doing business. For a small retailer CC fees tend to be high, PayPal is a good alternative. The exposure you get on ebay is incredible for what you pay, advertising is expensive.
I hope you find the right gifts Owen. What will you follow up with next year? And how does one get on your list
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.