Any new headlamps coming out soon?

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wondering if there are any new headlamps scheduled to come out soon?

Are mode and lighting level memory generally reserved for more expensive headlamps with detached battery packs? I haven't checked that carefully into the specs of the detached battery pack models since I'm not interested in that type but I'm curious.

I have a BD Storm and even though I'd like a few things changed for an ideal headlamp when I look at PT Eos, Petzl Tikki XP 2, etc. I can't see that they offer anything that is not included in the Storm and the Storm does have features not included in others.

Zebralights has some features (programmability) but they don't have many other features...multiple batteries, dual emitters, etc.

It looks to me like Petzl and Princton Tec in particular have a lot of room to upgrade their lines. Petzl in the past it seems was "the" outdoor headlamp now most people think their best work was in their next to last model (XP).

Any idea when someone will improve upon something like the Storm? Memory would be a good start.

Szemhazai

Enlightened
Petzl is launching a new headlamps on ISPO - January/February - so thats all for this year I think, they redesign Myo XP / RXP series, introduce Pixa and new Li-ion programmable battery pack for Tikka.

Black Diamond usually is showing a new stuff at Outdoor Retailer - August - they present Storm / Spot / Sprinter series last year, but the Storm was available on the market 6 months later... Maybe they will show next version of the ICON this year :confused:

Princeton Tec - they are updating their headlamps without prior notice :p If they feel a pressure they can switch to cree xp-e / xp-g in any moment and get 100 lumens EOS / 250 lumens ATEX in no time.

vtunderground

Enlightened
Spark is planning a few new headlamps. Only one I can remember off the top of my head is the 2xAA SD5 (no reflector, pure flood).

Also, the Fenix HP11.

Last edited:

conan1911

Newly Enlightened
We will be releasing the Minimus Vision & Tactical around the end of June. The Maximus should be released mid-September.

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spark is planning a few new headlamps. Only one I can remember off the top of my head is the 2xAA SD5 (no reflector, pure flood). I can't seem to find the list of upcoming Spark lights right now, but it's out there somewhere.

Also, the Fenix HP11.

Where can I find the discussion of this 2xAA flood? Sounds very interesting.