Fenix TK 21 vs. Olight M21

wangyanajy

Newly Enlightened
Is anyone know which one is batter? I love the shape of the M21 but I knew the tk 21 is the laterest model from fenix. is anyone can give me a hand to make a choice, Thx ps: plz write down the reason :)

Chidwack

Enlightened
I think the Olight M21 has now been upgraded to the M21 X and had 600 otf lumens.

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the TK21 U2 and the old M21 w/SST-50 and between the two:

TK21 has:
- tighter/brigher hot spot and slightly larger flood beam that will offer more throw
- easy one-handed mode change with a click of the button and quick access to hidden strobe vs. using two hands and twisting the head while going through strobe to do mode changes

The M21 can accept 2 x RCR123's in case that's all you have (the TK21 can only handle up to 2 x CR123's).

Overall my vote would go to the TK21 but again this is based on a comparo to the older M21. You can check out a review of the TK21 via the link in my sig line and HKJ has posted a review of the newer M21-X here.

Hope that helps and good luck with your hunt.

Cheers,
Tim

Build quality is about the same although the TK21 feels a bit sturdier.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
M21X vs the TK21 is 6 of 1 half dozen of the other. Output and throw are nearly the same. Pick the one with the UI you like the best and the price you like the best.

dosei-45

Newly Enlightened
My .02

I personally can't stand lights with "strike bezels", as they tear up anything they rub against...like your clothing. Can't even carry one in cargo pocket without them cutting through the pocket long before the pants/shorts are even close to being "worn out". So for me, the Fenix wins...hands down, no contest.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remember about thermal protection in M21-X - after 5 minutes brightness drops to 60%. If you plan to use 18650 cells TK21 isn't good choice either - cuts power down too early, after 5-30 minutes depends on battery (when the voltage hit 3.7-3.8V).