EagleTac P20C2 MKII with Optional XM-L T6 LED - 720 Lumens

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the heads up, I was under the impression the P20 was only going to get the XP-G S2 that was recently released but that's cool the more the marry.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
You bet, I don't know of any light this size that has an interchangable mudule and I was wondering if Eagletac was going to produce a XM-L module for this light, I just wish they had a lower low mode.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmm. 720 lumens? Is that at turn on for .5 seconds? I wonder what the ANSI measured output would be.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
720 emitter lumens, so the breakdown goes like:
Features: Maximum 720 / 456 / 96 / 11 lumen
(ANSI FL-1: 524 / 341 / 73 / 9).
regulated Runtime 1.5 hrs / 10 hrs / 100+ hr
Copied from the link given :thumbsup:

So it steps down after a few minutes

Last edited:

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
not bad at all. 524 lumen boost mode for 3 minutes and then 341 lumens after that. Pretty good for such a small light. I am really liking these "turbo modes" or "boost modes" that people are coming out with. There are many times I want bright light for just a short amount of time. It is great to have so much light in a small package (even if only for 3 minutes). It would normally require a much larger light with better (bigger) heat sinking to put out that much light.

mrlysle

Enlightened
I have the T20C2 MKII, and got the HO XM-L module for it later. It really is sweet. It's great to see them offer it for the P series also! Great tint and awesome combo flood/throw beam. Mine "steps down" at almost exactly 3 minutes, and like the burst on an HDS light, it's really hard to notice it. You should really like this new drop in!

recDNA

Flashaholic
not bad at all. 524 lumen boost mode for 3 minutes and then 341 lumens after that. Pretty good for such a small light. I am really liking these "turbo modes" or "boost modes" that people are coming out with. There are many times I want bright light for just a short amount of time. It is great to have so much light in a small package (even if only for 3 minutes). It would normally require a much larger light with better (bigger) heat sinking to put out that much light.

What bothers me is most manufacturers are using a timer for stepdown. It SHOULD be based on temperature not time. On a cold night boost should be available longer. To be honest I prefer to judge for myself when it is too hot. Stepdown should only occur when heat is at dangerous levels.

mrlysle

Enlightened
Hi recDNA. I definitely see where you're coming from. But overheating the emitter would most likely occur in the scenario you described. Unless thermal transfer was absolutely perfect, with NO delay in getting the heat from the emitter to the outside skin of the light, the emitter could dangerously over heat, before you felt it on the body of the light. Think about it. Outside, in cold temps, that emitter could be smokin' hot before you felt it on that cold metal flashlight body. I prefer the timed method of step down as I know there's no danger of smoking my emitter. :)

recDNA

Flashaholic
Drop ins for P20 or T20 aren't too expensive. I'll take my chances for the extra lumens. I have several ridiculously overpowered drop ins and I haven't toasted one yet. As I said I haven no problem with a drop down set on temperature rather than time.

Maybe they could build a lunatic fringe drop in for folks like me? I mean look at all the P60 drop ins run at over 5 amps these days. I feel perfectly safe at 2 amps.

I'm guessing you're not fond of 3+ amp P60's?

Last edited:

Gryffin

Enlightened
720 lumens? Isn't that like 3A?

3A x 3v VF = 9 watts.

I dunno, guys. Seems the "serious" lights crankin' that sorta heat are either built outta a crapload of aluminum (Catapult), or use copper heatsinks (Scorpion, Lumintop TD-15X) to handle that load. How the heck are you gunna get all that heat out of a frakkin' P60 module?

lebox97

Enlightened
FYI
2.1a XM-L T6 = 720 Emitter Lumen
3.0a XM-L T6 = 900 Emitter Lumen IIRC

basically a "hot wired" P60?

yes, heat is an issue with High Output P60's - I have seen smoke from the emitter after about 8-10 min continuous max output,
presumably power/current is an issue as well unless you get into 2x18650's?

Tod

720 lumens? Isn't that like 3A?

3A x 3v VF = 9 watts.

I dunno, guys. Seems the "serious" lights crankin' that sorta heat are either built outta a crapload of aluminum (Catapult), or use copper heatsinks (Scorpion, Lumintop TD-15X) to handle that load. How the heck are you gunna get all that heat out of a frakkin' P60 module?

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered up a module for my P20c2. Hopefully there in stock soon and get shipped out. I love the size and battery flexibility of the Eagletac P20c2

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
So these are in stock now does anybody have one? I have a few P20's already including the most recent so I think I will just order the module, it should be a real wall of light.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine arrived last week, turns out my P20c2 isn't an mk2 so now I'm waiting on the flashlight lol

lol oh dang Carpentry I'm not laughing at you just with you, it's just the way you put it gave me a chuckle. It's easy to do though being so many P's and X's, hope your light arrives soon.

Lighteous

Enlightened
I ordered up a module for my P20c2. Hopefully there in stock soon and get shipped out. I love the size and battery flexibility of the Eagletac P20c2

Earlier this week I ordered an XM-L module for my P20C2 MKII from illuminationGear.com and had a shipping notice the next morning. It might arrive by Saturday.

Lighteous

Enlightened
Earlier this week I ordered an XM-L module for my P20C2 MKII from illuminationGear.com and had a shipping notice the next morning. It might arrive by Saturday.

As anticipated, the XM-L module arrived today and it doesn't disappoint. I've only been able to test it in the utility room of my basement (very bright and sunny today) but soon the sun will set. On a white wall the new XM-L module in my P20C2 MKII (with two RCR123's) appears as bright or brighter than my T20C2 MKII powered by an ET 18650 Li-ion rechargeable 2400mAh. I'm very impressed. I really like the EagleTac interchangeable module design.