Time for an update - Fenix L1T 3W

Simple Man

Newly Enlightened
Hey all, I think it is time to update, but I am out of the loop as to what is latest and greatest.

Almost 5 years ago to the day, I ordered a Fenix L1T 3W (37 lumens High, 10 Low) and have been carrying and using it daily since. My thought was to carrying it till it broke then upgrade. Well, it never broke. I have been using Energizer lithium's in it and had 0 problems. (I think I did have to put in a new clickie at 2-3 years, courtesy of Fenix)

Looking around a bit, I think it is time to update it to something new. Main usage is regular day to day stuff with two kids, office job and field work type stuff, vehicle repair, general life stuff, kinda low speed/high drag.

My criteria are not too bad

- (1) AA Lithium
- pocket clip (head down)
- various usable levels
- candle mode would be nice
- substantial upgrade from L1T
- hopefully well under $100
- as sturdy and reliable as the L1T has been

So far I am looking at the Fenix LD10, (naturally), the Quark AA Tactical and Regular, As I understand it, the main difference is that the Tactical is programmable. I like that feature, being able to set the two "on" modes to what I like and not have to click through several modes to get where I want. Of course with the L1T, low and high are used most at about 75%/25% of the time respectively.

So far the Quark AA Tactical is my primary choice, what else is there too look into?

Thanks

Z-Tab

Enlightened
Sunwayman V10A would do you nicely. Single AA with infinitely variable levels, so you can get exactly the level you want without a bunch of clicking and programming.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd suggest the Jetbeam BA10 or the Zebralight SC51. The Jetbeam is simple two mode twisty, a direct replacement for, but also substantially brighter and more efficient than, the L1T. The zebralight is more fancy with more usable levels etc but once you get the hang of the ui it's a joy to use. You might want to look into getting the warm or High CRI version as well..

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quark AA is a reverse clicky like you current light where the Quark Tactical is a forward clicky.

A couple nice options:

Thrunite Neutron 1A (uses the newest XML emitter)
Zebralight SC51 (very bright, long run times on lower levels, best UI on the market, smallest AA light, can accidently turn on in your pocket depending on how you carry it)

Those are the two brightest AA lights (by quite a lot) and are both available in neutral as well as cool white. You would be amazed by the color rendering and depth perception of a neutral tinted light.

Review of all the new Neutrons (including the AA) http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?311559
SC51 review: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...XP-E-Neutral)-1xAA-Reviews-RUNTIMES-BEAMSHOTS
Fenix LD10 review: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...views-RUNTIMES-BEAMSHOTS-COMPARISONS-and-more!

Simple Man

Newly Enlightened
I kinda like the looks of the Sunwayman V10A, what kind of quality is it?

Redforest, I am looking for a bit more flexability/range of modes than the Jetbeam BA10 has.

And for some reason, I just can't get past the from factor of the Zebra, but I'm still looking at it. I carry a Spyderco also, so "ugly but functional" is not lost on me.

Neutron looks interesting also... still digging