Please help !!!

raphaello

Newly Enlightened
I was playing with my Neutron 2AA when this happened ---> http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/5/img0559o.jpg/

You can probably see how the button below the rubber part of the tailcap has popped up and now it cannot tailstand :mad:
I have no idea how I managed to do it but if anyone can help me I would be really grateful. The tailcap (when removed) doesn't have this problem.
Thank you in advance

Last edited:

PCS

Newly Enlightened
The tailcap is soft and balloons a bit as the light is very airtight. Open the light from the head side, release some air, and you should be fine.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I did press it but as soon as I released it it stretched the rubber again. Weird !?!
How long has it been bulged? It could be that the plastic re-shaped. But try this: Poke the rubber. Is it just the skin warping up, or do you feel the clicky plunger making this happen?

raphaello

Newly Enlightened
Ok, here is the weirdest part - I unscrew the head and it is back to normal. I press the batteries as far as they can go against the tailcap with my finger (as if this was the head), and the rubber part doesn't move. I put back the head, and it gradually moves to the point shown in the picture. How the hell does this happen and why it doesn't happen when I press the batteries even harder then the head does ?!?!

Night_Owl

Newly Enlightened
I had a similar problem once and decided to take a very tiny needle and poke the rubber boot. Unless you plan on submerging your light, no more problems as the air escapes from the nearly invisible hole.

raphaello

Newly Enlightened
I had a similar problem once and decided to take a very tiny needle and poke the rubber boot. Unless you plan on submerging your light, no more problems as the air escapes from the nearly invisible hole.

Aaa ... The problem is that I often put this light under water :) Thanks for the suggestion but I hope there is some other way around

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
As you tighten the head you are making the length of the light shorter and therefore it is squeezing the air inside making your rubber cap bulge. I can't see anyway around it without making your light less airtight.

anylau

Newly Enlightened
sorry if i do sound abit off... try pressing the rubber cap while u are tighten the head back to the body... so then u click it.. it will have some space for the air to move around...

it's abit like the instruction on the back of a condom pack...

KLowD9x

Banned
You should obviously purchase a vacuum chamber and only open your light in the vacuum chamber.

Ideas like these are going to make me rich one day.

Lanque

Newly Enlightened
Last edited:

Thefo

Newly Enlightened
Have you checked to make sure the clicky switch is not loose? Inside the tail cap you should most likely see a ring with two little holes in on opposite sides...try tightening this ring with a pair of needle nose or long snap ring pliers.

j2k

Newly Enlightened
Just unscrew the front bezel a bit to release the trapped air after installing batteries / opening the light, then tighten it back. You might want to keep the tail switch pressed in while you do that, but on mine it isn't necessary.

In regular use the light is airtight so until you open it again you should be ok.

Lighteous

Enlightened
Just unscrew the front bezel a bit to release the trapped air after installing batteries / opening the light, then tighten it back. You might want to keep the tail switch pressed in while you do that, but on mine it isn't necessary.

In regular use the light is airtight so until you open it again you should be ok.

This is what I tried with my Neutron 1C that had the same bulging tailcap issue. Every time I change the battery the tailcap bulges. I simply loosen the bezel and it returns to normal.