How do you carry your Quark MiniX 123

Kalsu

Enlightened
I just got my MiniX 123 in the mail today and I have to say I am very impressed with the amount of light this little thing puts out. Very impressive. I usually EDC a Quark AA warm (tactical UI) with a 14500 battery in my cargo pocket with my Benchmade 710 in my hip pocket. I got the MiniX to put on my key chain. While it will work there I am wondering how people here carry a light like that? :thinking:

PCS

Newly Enlightened
I carry mine in a small nylon pouch in my inside jacket pocket. I never leave home without it.

vincexs

Newly Enlightened
Q-Mini 123 here, on keychain (included mini-split ring on standard split ring)

UT7Tx.jpg

beach honda

Enlightened
do you guys use RCR123 in your mini-x? I use rechargeable in my titanium Mini (s3) but not for long periods of time on high. Otherwise, the output is VERY impressive with RCR vs primary.

al93535

Newly Enlightened
When I use it, which is usually my second choice after my Edc, it's in my right front pants coin/watch pocket. I absolutely love the light, and I often use it around the house as well. Works perfectly at the campgrounds for area light, and for bathroom use! I'm still on the first battery after lots of use.

I can't say enough about the light!!

I did put on the split ring so I can attach the lanyard. I want to use the lanyard because it's so nice, but never end up using it, the light goes right back Into the coin pocket.

When I first for the light I used an rcr for a day or two. But 4sevens warns against it, and it's bright enough with a primary so that's what I use now.

Last edited:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just threw it in my pocket with all the coins and keys. Not too expensive for me to bother about scratching it up. I did run it on RCR, but since I lend this light to my friends sometimes, I prefer primary batteries over RCR. Don't have to always explain about the heat issues whenever I lend the light out. I alternate between this light and the neutral white ReVO SS for my backup EDC.

JS_280

Newly Enlightened
Carried loose in my front right pocket as a backup to my main light (Quark AA Tactical with 14500).

Lightman2

Enlightened
Love my Mini 123 S2 and it to drops right into the jeans coin pocket or anywhere else without even being noticeable. Great light indeed.

Lanque

Newly Enlightened
I've got a small carabiner on mine which I clip onto one of my front belt loops. Pockets too full.

Last edited:

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Ti Mini 123. It is my backup light in my backpack. My backpack has a flashlight cave. So i just unzip and yank it out, without taking my pack off. It is tethered to a gear keeper so the light will retract back into the cave if I let go of it.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got my MiniX 123 in the mail today and I have to say I am very impressed with the amount of light this little thing puts out. Very impressive. I usually EDC a Quark AA warm (tactical UI) with a 14500 battery in my cargo pocket with my Benchmade 710 in my hip pocket. I got the MiniX to put on my key chain. While it will work there I am wondering how people here carry a light like that? :thinking:

Okay, this is freaking me out. My name is also Wade and as I read this I am sitting here with a Quark MiniX 123 in my cargo shorts pocket, and a Benchmade 710 in my front right pocket.

If that's a 710HSSR with the M2 steel, black coated blade, etc, then this would be even more freaky. :p

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a o-ring on my tube all the time. Roll the o-ring over the tube+ inside p7 clip and you can clip it on the tip of a cap or anywhere.

Kalsu

Enlightened
Okay, this is freaking me out. My name is also Wade and as I read this I am sitting here with a Quark MiniX 123 in my cargo shorts pocket, and a Benchmade 710 in my front right pocket.

If that's a 710HSSR with the M2 steel, black coated blade, etc, then this would be even more freaky. :p

I wish it was the 710 with M2 steel, but alas it is the D2 (w/ the black coated blade!). Awesome piece of equipment though. I think the MiniX is going to live on my key chain with the clip that I ordered from lighthound.com.

I do however like all the creative ways people have of carrying this style light. It seems to be a pretty versatile little light.

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
How many people would carry it in a non-marring kydex sheath that can be worn around the neck or clipped to MOLLE gear/your belt? I've been toying with the idea...

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast

You clearly have a doppleganger. I know I do. Back in 2005, I was taking a summer Japanese class at UCLA. There was a guy Mike Park IIRC, I am Nick Chen. 4 letters per first and last name. Not that big a deal. But he wears the exact same discontinued Oakleys that I wear. He listens to Sony Minidiscs just like I do. He has a GMT Master II where I have a GMT Master.

I am at UCLA cause my school UC Irvine didnt have the class I needed. I find out that Mike ALSO goes to UCI and apparently lives in the same Apartment Complex I do!!!!!! Stalker ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

haha so many similarities. WEIRD.

Latest posts