RRT-0 STRIPPED BEZEL/REFLECTOR HOUSING

OCD

Enlightened
So I picked up my RRT-0 (R2 version) for the 1st time in a week since retiring it from EDC duty to mess with the AA extender for it. I noticed the bezel/reflector housing (not sure if this is the proper term for it…but it is the part that when unscrewed, has the reflector and bezel still attached to it allowing access to the led.) was loose. This was something I noticed from time to time when removing it from my pocket to use it. I never thought much of it and always tightened it back up.

Tonight, it didn't tighten up. It barely got snug and just kept turning. I removed the o-ring and tried again, thinking maybe I wasn't getting it seated properly into the threads. Still no dice. There are only about 2-3 threads joining these two pieces together.

I don't know if too much bezel down, back pocket carrying and sitting down was reason for it stripping out, but to say the least I'm kinda bummed now.

I was planning on re-assigning this light to either a B.O.B. due to its versatility of batteries with the AA extender or replacing the UltraFire in my wife's purse.

I guess I could try epoxying it back together as I don't see myself modding the light in the near future (if at all). Any thoughts?

Edit: I got the light about 13 months ago.

Edit#2: I emailed the dealer I bought the light from that seems to have a good reputation for making things right. We'll see what happens.

Last edited:

OCD

Enlightened
Just to update: The said dealer was BugoutGear and within 15 minutes of my emailing them, I had a response (at about 7:45 pm CST) to return the light and they would check it out for me...which I did.

I inquired about the status yesterday and got an email this morning telling me my light was sent back to Jetbeam for repairs. So far, so good!